Wednesday, March 25, 2009

in a squeeky voice - 6 days to go

Song of the day: "Sissy's Song" Alan Jackson - the link goes to the actual written lyrics.

Quote of the day: "Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble." Frank Tyger

I got a few things here.

One - I have been accused many times over of being heartless and distant and have the emotional tolerance of a stock broker. Whatever. At 7:14am, while driving into school with Molly, I was overcome by grief. Now, what I must step back and explain is that I was in a relatively good mood to the point that this song came on. I heard the first verse of the song and just felt that tickle. My back got tight, my shoulders tensed up. I drew my jaw in and furrowed my brows. A fight to stop tears that was useless. The somber mood has now passed and I got my kick ass - go getter - motivator attitude going on! I do have feeling that this song will haunt me for the rest of the day. However, it did make me think of our blogger TW and WOW and their recent losses. If I were to dedicate a song of the day, it would be this one to them.

Two - The infantile side of me ENJOYS the DC and the family radio show (used to be Steve and DC radio show). They have started up their "All or nothing" game. These go on FOREVER. You have to answer all questions correctly or you get nothing. THE prize for this is a 3 day and 2 night all expense paid trip to LA to the finale of American Idol. I don't care about the prize but the questions are fun. Please drop me the answers, lol, I might call it in!

Q1- What will the majority of the worlds population, nearly 80% never do or experience?
Wrong answers so far are flying, and ride in an airplane

Q2 - What is the most purchased item on a credit card?
wrong answers are gas and hotel rooms
my answer would be - buy groceries

Q3 - Almost 1/2 of all spouses say they don't know this about their mate?
Wrong answer is past relationships
my answer would be - middle name

Q4 - What do the majority of college students do immediately after graduation?
Wrong answers are go on vacation and go to work.
my answer would be either go to the beach or go to disney world

Q5 - According to the website box office mojo, who is the most beloved movie character?
Wrong answers are Mickey Mouse and Super Man.
my answer would be - Betty Boop

Mrs L's joke of the day:
Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical. A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm. A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, 'You're really doing great, aren't you?' Morris replied, 'Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot momma and be cheerful.'' The doctor said, 'I didn't say that. I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful.'

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Hi gurl, I know you getting excited. I put a pic of me and the hubby up on my blog if ya want to see it.

3/25/09, 4:33 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

going right over there!

3/25/09, 5:14 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

i forgot about that being on msn, which the pic is small there, you can see this one better.

Have you ever had that happen to your eye, Did you read my post?

3/25/09, 5:31 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

yea, you prolly got a clogged tear duct, um... get some saliane (sp) solution from the drugstore or wallmart (you can find it by the contact stuff) and flush your eye with it.

3/25/09, 6:51 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

You are so sweet Jenn! That is truly a heartwrenching song.
I hope these next few days pass quickly...are you all prepared and packed?? Car washed? Legs and pits shaved? Dogs fed? grass mowed? Fences mended?
Toilet cleaned? Camera ready? Dancing shoes dusted?
Git with it Girlie!!! Don't want to call you a slacker!!!

Gonna miss you while you're off in La La Land!
Barb

3/26/09, 1:24 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I think maybe the answer to Q1 is go to the ocean.

Q2... hmm. I use mine for almost everything so I can't figure what is the most used. Shoes?

Q3 No clue. Considering most relationships actually end over money, it's probably something related to that.

Q4 Drink. Then move back home.

Q5 Mickey Mouse would have been my choice too. Hmmm. Can't think of anything else. Bambi?

3/29/09, 4:51 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I don't know NYPINTA
Q1 I would say read a book

Q2 Food (fast food, ie McDonalds etc) I took Sue and the girls to Dublin on Sunday and stopped to get them something to eat and there were about 20 ppl standing there with plastic in their hands to pay and when I gave the cashier cash she looked at me really odd!

Q3 Middle name

Q4 Go to Disney World or switch careers. Up in the air.

Q5 I googled it and came up with a shocker "Rocky Balboa" Eth?

3/31/09, 5:42 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Barb - You will enjoy the break while I am in La La (teee dah) land. Hee Hee.

YVW - the song really hit home when I heard it and I did think of you and Kim.
xoxox
sissy

3/31/09, 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.