Monday, March 23, 2009

8 more long antagonizing days

Quote of the day: "The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it." Alan Saporta



Song of the day: "Happy Together" The Turtles

Oh Fermi... Look what I found by Doc's house
Photobucket

He asked me if I wanted to go in there and I told him no, I wanted to save my money for vacation. LOL. That looks like a "Go broke in a hurry" type of a store. That and I can't help myself when it comes to shoes. Thanks tho for the tip off about the store! Doc remembered and tortured me by going by it at least once a day. That and it is only about five miles from his house.

While in Nashville, I got to see some live entertainment:
Photobucket

and a really cool display outside of a saloon:
Photobucket

And then I came home to find this:
Photobucket
or in zoom
Photobucket

So, now I am back and I have a few conundrums to face. Like who to tell what and how to tell them.

The horses go to the sale on April 1st. I am sad in one way but I am also relieved to know they are going. And best... they are going while I will be on vacation. Harry is going to see to it. We stopped by and saw the guy that does the local horse auction. He is having a ride this weekend and is going to mention my saddlebred (Comanche the black and white one) to a few people. Prices are down and I won't get anywhere near what I have in them but we will see what happens.

Ok now, we have not had a Mrs L's joke of the day in a long time, so here we go!


Black Testicles
A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital,
wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose, still
heavily sedated from a difficult four hour, surgical
procedure A young student nurse appears to give him a partial sponge bath.
Nurse', he mumbles, from behind the mask 'Are my testicles black?'

Embarrassed, the young nurse replies 'I don't know,
Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet..'

He struggles to ask again, 'Nurse, are my testicles black?'

Concerned that he may elevate his vitals from worry
about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment
and sheepishly pulls back the covers.
She raises his gown, holds his penis in one hand and
his testicles in the other, lifting and moving them around.

Then, she takes a close look and says, 'There's
nothing wrong with them, Sir !!'

The man pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and
says very slowly,

'Thank you very much. That was wonderful, but listen
very, very closely......
' A r e - m y - t e s t - r e s u l t s - back? '

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Loved that joke! Too damned funny.
Neat pictures too. By the time you read this, it will be down to seven days too!

3/24/09, 1:31 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

I loved that joke too. By the way what is DSW? I have never heard of that store at least here. And I did not know that you have horses!I have always wanted to ride a horse but never did. I tried to ride a small pony at a kids birthday party but I weighed too much!

3/24/09, 6:31 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Jeni - nah - we leave the morning of the 1st. Still 8 (I just marked yesterday off as being done when I made this post!)

Michelle - SHOE STORE. DSW= SHOES. I'd never heard of it either until Fermi mentioned it when I was looking for some sort of shoe (can't remember now which). Two horses, we had three and one passed last summer. Riding is fun, taking care of them sucks.

A horse (or pony) can carry 1/3 of its body weight. A horse that is in shape they say can carry 1/2 of its body weight. However, a horse can pull 10x's its body weight. Go figure.

Most horses weight between 800 (small and thin framed) to 1800 (quarter horse-ish) and then you get into draft horses that weight from 1800-3500... Imagine that.

Mr Freckles weights about 1500 with the weight tape (they use a measuring tape and a formula to calcuate the weight) and Comanche weighs 1250. I have fat horses.

3/24/09, 7:49 AM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hey Miss Jenn! Maybe I've missed a ton and need to catch up here, but the horses? You are selling them, eh?
LOVE that Turtles song! Now I'll be singing it the rest of the day!
I was gonna ask what DSW was too...shoes??? What does DSW abbreviate for? BTW...why do you need shoes down there in warm sunny country anyhow??

Onwards and downwards..in time...to catch up on what I've missed!!
Can't wait...

3/24/09, 4:05 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

DSW=Direct Shoe Warehouse.

Only eight more days! I can't wait!

3/24/09, 4:24 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

WOW - there are never enough shoes, cyber sissy, and where I am going... I need shoes and not flip flops. SIGH.

DOCedeer - hee hee... it is late enuf in the day to say 7 more days. I missesssss you! And you (nor Fermi) said it was a shoe warehouse where they are not going to take an arm and a leg (or a foot) for the price of their shoes... OOOOH I so missed an opportunity. SIGH.

3/24/09, 4:55 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

I believe I told you what DSW stood for while you were up here. And you'll have plenty more opportunities...

3/24/09, 5:57 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Ah, a sweet blog romance. That would make a good confession story! Ha1 I think I'll write one. Could always use the extra cash.

Funny joke!

Hugs,

Renie

3/24/09, 6:22 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Everybody needs shoes WOWie... it's just common sense. ;)

Nice joke, but I wouldn't have corrected her at that point.

3/24/09, 7:16 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

You'll have to check out DSW next time. They have so many shoes that it is damn near impossible to walk out of there without buying any!

3/25/09, 10:07 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Pfssst! To all of you shoe lovers! Don't you realize we weren't BORN with them? Barefoot is not considered indecent exposure! It is ALMOST no shoe weather here...or it would be if the danged snow would quit!!

3/26/09, 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.