Friday, March 13, 2009

Something to saygh

Song of the day: "These Dreams." Heart

Quote of the day: "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" Herm Albright (1876-1944)

I was thinking about the thing that happens on Monday night for Tuesday and trying to figure out if I should really do this or not. I looked up into the sky and saw this. To me it looks like it says "Go" with a big fat underline under it. What do you think?
Photobucket

Yeas indeed, I got some soap box of sorts to get on and a floor to clean with. This is about Oprah and the crap she buoys' about. Like how she feeds on the emotions of the weak and encourages people to do mass violence or subject themselves to bad situtions. I think Oprah is evil. I think all these talk show host are. How many times can they cover the same topic only with a different twist. It is not healthy. It is not healthy for people to watch these shows everyday. I think they breed undereducated and simple minded people. I fyou like these shows that is great and good for you. My blogger friends that like these shows are sane. I think in general that Oprah is not good for the mental health of this nation. I would like to see her PHD in the topics that she covers and understands. I think all talk show hosts should have a PHD in pyschology. THAT is just me. But the big O in herself is breeding people to be simple and undiversified and live their lives like their lives are a soap opera and .... oh never mind. I am in the wrong screen to do this!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

I haven't watched Oprah in quite a long time (actually don't watch much TV..don't like what's on much) But...
I agree with what I've seen on these talk show hosts. I'd like to know WHERE the guests are found! And WHAT kind of person would go on these and exposed some of their most insane and crazy lives??
The last time I watched O, she had a reformed addict, he wrote a book, his folks were in the audience...
Later..it was found that his life did NOT go like that at all!!!! Gave him some "credibility and advertisement" for selling his book...
but made fools of everyone who believed him! Including Ms O!

Thanks Sissy...for fixing this! Hope you have a great and warm weekend! Is your to-do list getting smaller as the days get less?
Lova lova ya!
Barb

3/13/09, 11:45 PM  
Blogger LL said...

You need to get on Oprah WOWie...

Sounds good JennyLu...

3/14/09, 12:15 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

I never liked Oprah either. But i never watched any of those shows. I find that you can solve your own problems without helping her make more millions!

3/14/09, 7:23 AM  
Blogger Jan Mader said...

I don't have time for TV! If I'm not writing (working, but somehow it doesn't seem like work) or spending time with my kids, I'm on my horse!

3/14/09, 8:11 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

WOW- I had pulled it into the edit phase when you went to view it! LOL. Dumb computers. I think O has been around for a long time and there was a time when I genuinely liked her (when I was young and she would get celeb's on) but anymore all she does is heart wrenching and devestating to the people that are on her show.

LL- yea OK, thanks.

Michelle - I am one of the people in the world that thinks that the TV is in partnership with the devil and more exactly I watch very little of it. Unless it is animal planet, pbs, discovery and stuff (boring) like that. I do like to watch movies. But my problem is that TV is time consuming and addicting. THat is why I try not to watch it.
Jan - I like to watch the news too! LOL. I can't wait one more month and I can send my horses to the auction. I am SOOOOO ready to get rid of them.

WOW - u just don't know. See you missed the first paragraph. Yes, 18 days until the BIG vacation. But there is something going on next week too that noone is taking the bait and guessing on. Pbbblbbth. We are ready for vacation. I have everything but the cooler packed and There are a few outfits I have to pack but that will be last minute.

3/14/09, 8:53 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

The sky does look like it says go with a Big fat underline. Thats pretty cool. It like a big sign from God.

3/14/09, 2:33 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

But Dr. Phil has a Ph.D. in psychology...

Oprah has a bachelor's in speech and performing arts. I don't know that Oprah's been all bad for TV, but she's responsible for 90% of the touchy-feely stuff you see. In broadcasting, success breeds imitation, so not long after Oprah made it big nationally, everybody was trying to do a show like hers. I don't think she's entirely comfortable with the influence she's had on TV, particularly news reporting - that's one reason she threatens to retire every few years.

3/14/09, 7:24 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Jenny,

I don't like Oprah, or any of the daytime talk shows.

I don't see a Go, but if you do, it must be a good omen, or a figment of your imagination. It's you call, your decision, your life. I'm sure you'll make the right one, for you!

Huggies,

Renie

3/14/09, 7:28 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

there is a "G" for sure!!! but your right the rest could be a figment of my imagination! LOL.

3/14/09, 8:10 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Doc - you must have posted while I had Renies in Que - LOL - sorry I missed it - Dr Phil got busted a year or so ago for letting his license expire, I don't know if he got it renewed yet or not.

I just don't like Oprah. I think she is the queen of mental health and egotistical and prejudice. Look at her magazine, she is the only one to have ever been on the cover until recently when she Shared the cover with Michelle Obama.

3/14/09, 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.