Saturday, March 07, 2009

Can you relate? From Winnie

So, after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter (a good find for many retirees), I lasted less than a day.

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, not-attractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly, 'Good morning, and welcome to Wal-Mart.Nice children you have there. Are they twins?'

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?'

So I replied, 'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe you got laid twice. Have a good day, and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.'

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Heeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeehe!!

Funny.

Just got home and put the air on. It's 80 degrees out. Summer is arriving before spring, around here.

Huggies,

Renie

3/7/09, 2:55 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I too have come across that lady and her two brats at walmart!

3/7/09, 5:11 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL!!! I saw a ton of these "moms & kids" when we lived in AZ!
Thanks for the giggle, now I don't want to make that long run to Wally world tomorrow...maybe I'll do without another week..
♥ Barb

3/8/09, 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.