Saturday, February 28, 2009

31 offical days

Tweety Bird Turns
60
This Week


Quote of the day: "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." Douglas Adams

Song of the day: "Heat of the Moment" Asia

I napped off and on all day. I just was chilly. I sat in the recliner at one point this afternoon and watched the rain fall. I sweat to all that is holy, I was watching the grass turn green before my eyes. What is the point of that? The grass turning gree that is... it is suppose to snow tomorrow. I don't see that happening. It was 65 today but they are saying it is going to rain all night and drop into the 30's tomorrow and get a mix of rain/sleet/ and snow. Yea. OK.

31 long days until I hit the hwy and go to Dollywood. Imaginate that one. Hunny you hear that? 31 days! WoooHoooo! And you know... not just hunny, anyone... YOU KNOW these are gonna either fly by OR drag.

Lets see, I have gotten a few things for the trip the last few weeks. Amongst the collection to go on vacation is New Socks for Sue, Me, and the Girls. :) Bubbles, coloring books, crayons, and Kites. Oh and a box of microwavable popcorn.
I still have to get in the hall closet and dig out the car DVD player and check it's operational value and dig out the spare DVD player for the cabin's TV. I need to sort through DVD's for the girls and decide what is going with us and what is staying home. I am not sure how much more Dora the (Exploder) Explorer I can take. I am also going to dig out Amanda's sleeping bag and look to see if I still have the matching one to it. I am sure it is going to be cold up there.
Let's see what else, oh Yea, I know, I just KNOW that the Tweety Picture is wrong in so many ways! BUT FUNNY.

4 Comments:

Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Ya got that right dear Jenn! That Tweety pix should have been with my post today don't ya think??

Don't get everything done too soon before the countdown ends...or the time will for sure drag on the last week or so!!
Patience my dear, patience....
;o)

2/28/09, 11:08 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Same here in NC. It was very cold and rainy yesterday. It is pouring out right now and we are supposed to have sleet and snow later. I will believe when I see it. My dog can predict the weather better than our local weather team. Typically they say it will snow and it wont. When they dont predict snow it comes. And what kills me is that it could actually be raining outside and they will say Oh 50% chance of rain today, Ah would that not be 100%? It is raining after all.

3/1/09, 6:54 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

WOW = I have about as much patience as Axel Rose. I have to get it done now. Like the DVD player for the Jeep. I've been going to clean that closet out and dig it out for the three years that I have owned the Jeep. See, I can't really put it off much longer or I will have to go buy a new one and I don't have the money for that!

Michele - I have resolved that if they say there is a 20-40% chance of rain,it is going to poor. If they say there is a 70% chance or higher it will be sunny and georgous out. SO far, it works out pretty good.

Except today, today is a 70-80% chance of rain and like you, the sky has opened and we are getting it in buckets. IT has cooled off... to maybe 50' not really cold enough to snow.

3/1/09, 8:03 AM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Yeah, that tweety bird looks more like 95 then 60!

We had 6 inches of beautiful snow yesterday, and this morning, the sun came out and by this afternoon, the snow melted. Well, except in the woods. That's how I like my snow-here today, gone tomorrow.

Your song these days should be "Anticipation...."

Happy March, Jenny dear!

Hugs,

Renie

3/1/09, 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.