Thursday, March 05, 2009

Neat O, 26 days to go

Quote of the day: "I feel like a tiny bird with a big song! " Jerry Van Amerongen, Ballard Street, 08-18-05

Song of the day: "Don't Worry, Be Happy" Bobby McFerrin

Mood - oh uth, HAPPY, duh

I am hungry. I am not going to eat though because I am not going to willing subject myself to another view of the porcelain thrown. I am however going to step out to my car in a few minutes and drink some water and have a smoke.

I came to school today despite feeling like this. I hope my American Government teacher gets this if this is a virus. He won't let people miss his class for any reason unless they have died. On Tuesday he got a taste of what this policy really can do. A young lady came to class that was having female issues and knowing that she was bleeding internally was afraid to miss his class. She did however tell him about her problem. He looked over at her part way through class and she was swooning and he told her to go. Bless her heart the poor thing almost passed out. He asigned someone to walk her out and he walked to his secratary and had her call an ambulance. He then came back to the class and told us the rest of the class was cancled but we could work in our groups. I am not sure what bothered me more, the fact that she came to school with a potential life threatening thing going on or the way the issue of the Ambulance was handled. I met with my group a few minutes and we left. I got halfway across the courtyard and realized that the ambulance had circled the campus twice... let me rephrase that ...TWICE... from when I exited the building to when I saw it the second time. I saw a maintance person and told him to get on his raido to the campus police (which he did and he did it in a hurry and told Chief where the girl was and what was) and have them catch the Ambulance and tell them where to go (and I told him where the young lady was) and then the department head of the social science building was seen out of the corner of my eye when I got a few feet away and he was yelling, where did the ambulance go? I mean, that department head SHOULD not have been out there tracking down the ambulance. SOMEONE should have stopped the ambulance and aske what are you looking for. I finished crossing the courtyard, and walked through a building, and got to my can and the Ambulance was stopped in the middle of the driveway two cars down from my Jeep. I was like... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. But at that moment campus police came roaring up the drive with their lights flashing and guided the Ambulance to it's destination. So you figure this out, girl hemmoraging in the social science office or at LEAST 20 minutes (we got dismissed at 1:05pm and I started my car at 1:34PM) so maybe longer, right? HOW LONG was the ambulance circuling the campus before I saw it? Would you want to be that girl? I am glad that the maintance person I stopped was quick minded and went by a protocal to get it done. Actually I am glad that I saw the ambulance twice and thought to stop the maintance man with the walkie talkie!

Now, it might be the coldes and meanest thing I have ever said in my life. I hope this is not food poisioning I have. I hope this is in fact the bug my kids and Sue had last week. I hope it is still active enought that when I go to class... it is suddenly contagious and Mr Carter has a lovely weekend. I also hope that GOD forgives me for being cruel.

I don't have nothing else to report. Well I do, I just don't want to take away from the Government class, I might just post twice today. LOL. The post don't really go with my mood or with my song or quote. SIGH.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

I hate to report but your teacher is probably one of those that never gets sick. I however have been sick twice in 1 1/2 months. It is starting to tick me off. Its that damn germy money that dont belong to me at the bank!

3/5/09, 3:00 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

I sure hope you're over that virus by now, Jenny, and have a great weekend!

Huggies,

Renie

3/6/09, 5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crazy that the teacher handled the situation in a manner that was not adult like or with some understanding. Things happen and sometimes teachers should understand what everything is not going to be perfect.

3/6/09, 2:27 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks Kevin for the support. For the record this is a college course, American Government, and I am 37. I just don't want you thinking I am some high schooler complaining about having to attend a boring(assed) class!

3/6/09, 6:30 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Jenny, you know sometimes I worry (well most of the time actually..) about people's thought processes, acts responsibly, common sense...the lack of..and the list goes on!
What happened is abhorring!You hear of these situations more and more these days
...scary to say the least!
I hope you are feeling better today Missy!(being spiteful for your prof, makes me believe you are...
wink.)
~~Hugs~~
Barb

3/6/09, 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not saying that you are that type of person. I was simply saying life gives everyone lemons...make a drink. The situation should have been handled in a different way; that's all.

3/10/09, 12:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

WOW - gotcha check your email, I sent you sand

Kelvin - I know what you were saying, lol, your just new and my post lately have been immature at best, I just wanted you to know that ... I am of age to bitch!!! Thanks so much for stopping by please do again!

3/10/09, 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.