Friday, December 19, 2008

the 90 mph pitstop

short and simple, molly broke her left foot tonight, I am just getting to bed (12:06 am).

How? LOL, bringing me a pen! I was wrapping presents and she brought a name tag into the room, left the room, pivoted on her left foot to come back in and give me the pen in her hand, twisted her ankle (heel went to the ankle twist!), fell down on her ass and I heard the god awful CRACK.

Long and short she has a definate sprain but the X-ray revieled that the small bone on the outside going from the (pinky toe) up is split the long way (not across) about half way down it.

They set the foot to a mouldable splint and refered me to an orthapedic surgeon for her. They said they couldn't do anything for her she has to see a specalist on Monday.

Have I done something wrong here? It feels like all the sudden I am being horribly punished! Whatever it was, I'm sorry! Does that help? LOL.

But the b-day party is still a GO for tomorrow. LOL. Wow, my little big trouper.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The CDM said...

Poor girl! A Christmas casualty. Not only are the holidays stressful, they're a frickin' hazzard. See if she'll share any of her pain meds, might help you relax.(of course, I jest...sort of)

12/20/08, 2:23 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, my goodness, Jenny, how awful! Poor Molly.I was gone all day and just put the pc on and saw it on my updates. Things happen so fast, don't they? But you are right, she is a little trooper. She's was not gonna miss her birthday party! I hope she enjoyed herself and got lots of presents, and is not feeling too much pain or anything.

Happy Birthday, Molly!!!!!

Hugs,

Renie

12/20/08, 6:21 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Tough break - literally! That puts a damper on the holidays, though I'm sure Molly will enjoy her birthday party all the same. Hope she heals up soon, and don't none of you get sick or have any more accidents for a while!

12/20/08, 7:19 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Guys and Gal- thank you so much. We had the party and the horse rides. We had 20 ppl here and only one brought a gift! LOL - I let Molly pick a gift from under the tree and open it after everyone left. Molly was miserable, the foot was really aching and she kept trying to keep up and couldn't and resolved to sit inside on the puter or watch TV. SIGH. I will post pic's of everyone on the horse later today if I can get to it. Lu is feeling better so I am chasing a 2 year old and babying a 10 year old.

CDM - her meds ... a joke 400 mg of motrin.

12/21/08, 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.