Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas tree mostly done

I created a new photobucket or seartch mollylulu @ photobucket

Song of the day: "Raindrops keep falling on my head" by B.J. Thomas

Quote of the day: "Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." Franklin P. Jones

I am sitting here in the quit looking at the tree. I am alternating looking at it with my glasses off and then on. I like it with my glasses off. I think people miss some beauty when all they see is clearly. What I see is a green background with round colorful orbs. Then I put my glasses on and it is crystal clear and pristine. Intresting.

I still have to go through and re-arange some things, the girls managed to put like 4 or 5 bulbs to a branch in some places, but I think they did really good. What I am going to try to do is take some pictures of the special bulbs and tell you a little about them.
Photobucket
View from the other doorway, see it is not leaning, it must be the way I fluffed the branches.
Photobucket
Here I zoomed in on the banana. Molly's ornament when she was three. She saw it at Macys and had to have it. She is always very careful with it (better be the sucker was $12), the angel and the rose are hand blown from Oglasvi in Wheeling W.Va. they are Sue's, Harry had them made for her.
Photobucket
In this one is pictured one of the two hummingbirds I got Harry last year for christms. One from Molly and one from Lulu. The bear in the globe is part of a group of three ornaments (the others are somewhere else on the tree) The gold chain link rope/trim was my grandmothers and goes on the tree everyyear weather it fits or not.
Photobucket
This is basically the same picture just zoomed less, you can see the gingerbread man from Brandon one year, and the red wreath that my grandma had knitted. Keep looking. There are hundreds of ornaments on that tree!
Photobucket

To me the tree is very important. I revel in the history and sentimental value of different ornaments. There are some cheap ones that I want to throw away every year, there are some of questionable taste (the banana, the pickle,the pregnant woman) and there are some that are just pretty. I will zoom in more over the next week or so and try to add them over here. I will also get to updating my sidebar and put both photobucket links up.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Nice decorating job. But a pickle? A pregnant woman? On a Christmas tree? Jenn, you're a mess...

12/7/08, 10:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Like I said in the post, Doc, all things on my tree have a meaning. We have not located the pickle yet.

12/8/08, 8:33 AM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

I agree Jenn...a fuzzy image actually is more beautiful than with glasses on! Appears more "sparkly"..I will vouch for that!
Oh...you haven't pased the fudge yet my dearest Lady...because I've been trying really hard to catch up on all of your posts...
I got to give you a Hug!
So Here!
Here's your {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}
Now...will you pass the fudge??

BTW..I really like the color of your walls!

12/8/08, 10:38 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

the color is burnt orange! I brought in a terricotta pot and a brick to Lowes and told the paint mixer that I wanted a color in between. He took burnt orange and added red and mixed it then added white and mixed it and charged me one arm and two leggs! then I had a bucket done with a some more white added to it so that we can go over it with a weird looking sponge and get a marbled look (we are gonna do that when we have to do touch up)

12/9/08, 3:28 PM  
Blogger Julie Donahue said...

I love the history of the ornaments. I agree that the Christmas tree is more than just a collection of pretty ornaments. I've had friend who have a beautiful, all matching/coordinated ornaments, etc. But there is no history, nothing handmade or sentimental. These trees are no where near as beautiful as ones, like yours, that are full of history.

12/10/08, 8:07 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

thanks Julie, the tree's mean a lot to me too. I think the ones that are color cordinated are beautiful but empty. happy holidays

12/10/08, 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.