Sunday, December 21, 2008

One more trial

My uncle George died this morning.

I have been on the landline all morning telling people because my aunt Mary is unable to do it.

The police allowed my Aunt to use their phone to call me because they couldn't get a hold of their kids (little George is the one married to the woman I complain about on my blog about the grandkids and George is a good person, itis his wife that does the trecherous things to the kids) anyway, I had to go up there and tell little George his daddy died. He knew. I walked in the door and he just sat down and started to cry. I guess it was the look on my face or the fact I pulled in his driveway 100 mph, who knows. It was really hard to tell him and UNFAIR that I had to be the one.

I loved my Uncle George. He was a sport! I can remember on Thanks Giving one year he offered to say grace, "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub, The Prayer's complete, Let's Eat!" And it made Aunt Mary so mad, she is very religious. I have to this day been sure to repeat the prayer at turkey day dinner every year. Even if just to myself.

My Aunt Sue's favorite memory of George is when Robin and Betty were little girls, they got into a 50 dollar jar of powder, Sue had just cleaned them up (her husband was overseas with the military) and Mary and George showed up for a visit. George hugged and kissed the kids and said to Sue, "My gosh your kids always smell so good" Hee Hee Hee, Sue wanted to kill the kids but she was like, THANKS. Hee Hee.

I can also remember when they lived on Beaver Dam road in Selkirk and I was riding a bike with Little Mary and we crashed. He told me that I was OK. I was skinned all to the dickens and I can remember talking about the booboo's with him. I don't remember what was said, but I remember it was OK.

There were bad times to, BUT they had 4 large frammed boys living in their home and 2 girls. Life was not always a rose garden. George being a towering 6'7 had to be the one to be the bad guy, just for control of the chaos. I mean, really can you see a 5'8, 110 lb woman, controling 4 6'4-6'7 sized boys? Nah, me either!

Love you Uncle George and I will miss you dearly. May God Rest your soul.
'lil Jenn or Jenn-Jenn however you liked me best

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger dr sardonicus said...

This has been a tough enough week for you, and now this. My condolences to you and your family. I'll be thinking about you.

12/21/08, 7:21 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, Jenny, I am so sorry about your Uncle George's passing. My condolances to you and the family.

Prayers and hugs,

Renie

12/21/08, 8:42 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Doc - Thank You so much.

Renie - We appriciate your heartfelt condolances.

It is 12:40am, life has a little resemblence of normal for the moment. Everyone has been notified (thanks to the internet search engines being able to find numbers for me and my Aunt Sue to call!).

Harry drove little George and his wife down to Valdosta to be with my Aunt Mary. Sue and I took the kids. 4 kids, 1 with a broke foot, a 2 year old, and two very mentally traumatized children... IS A LOT OF WORK.

My friend Jennifer (yeas my BFF is a Jennifer, who'd have thunk?) came over to help us clean the house in case we ended up with it full of astranged relatives. She took over bathtime.

Her daughter sat with Molly and kept her busy until Jen and I could both be free at the same time to life her into the tub. (remember our shower is OUT OF ORDER)

Sue puttered and helped call people.

I GOT THE FLOOR MOPPED. LOL. I have only been trying to do THAT all week! We got the rooms upstairs ready (in case) and general cleaning and straightening just to turn around and have the kids clutter it all back up.

The kids won. LOL. But the bulk of the cleaning got done. It is just friendly clutter right now.

Doc and Renie you will be in my prayers tonight. Thank You so much, your words mean a lot to me.

Hugs,
Jenny

12/21/08, 11:48 PM  
Blogger The CDM said...

As doc put it, it has been a tough week, damn. My most sincere sympathies to you and your family. This really sucks to have happen at the worst time. Glad that you have such fond memories. My best to you and your family this holiday.

12/23/08, 8:46 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

CDM - Thank you so much! Hugs!

12/23/08, 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.