Friday, December 26, 2008

The first day after Christmas

Santa brought me the means to get a Gateway ML6732 laptop! It is not the best laptop out there but it is the best I could get local that I had enough money for. But it is really super nice. I am trying to get used to a few things and slowly but surely I am getting acclimated to it. LOL. But the keyboard is so noisy next to my old one! Oh well.

The kids had a great Christmas morning. It started a little later this year than last year's 2:30am; it waited until 5:30am… where is the justice? Oh well. It took the girls about 3 hours to open everything. It seemed like at the last minute we started to get packages in from all over. Lucy did well, she opened all most all of her presents, she had about three left over but took care of that a little later. Molly was greatly satisfied to find that Santa got most of everything on her list.

We had time to get the FIRST mess cleaned up and then we had our breakfast company show up. They brought presents. LOL. Round two, this time with four kids; wow four kids can do some serious damage to a house! We just got done with opening that round of presents and Tony and his mom showed up with stuff for Lulu (and a few "things" for Amanda). Round three I missed, Brian chose that minute to call. Oh well. All was forgotten when Lulu walked into the living room and discovered the "Kitchen" and accessories. She and DJ and Kayleigh took care of that with Tony for about two hours. Talk about a busy bunch.

Sue got a surprise pair of Champaign Diamond earrings. They are the "Journey symbol" and flat out gorgeous. She got a few other nominal things (including reindeer poop) and she was very pleased.

Harry got a chainsaw (darn I pick out good pressies). Hee Hee Hee. His has been on the fritz for about six months. Now he can use the new one and get the old one rebuilt to have as backup.

I got the "Get Smart" movie and enough cash and gift cards to get this. Oooooh. It is nice.

Everyone got a small nap and then it was off to dinner up the street. The kids played outside for a bit and then we ate and went home. I think everyone was in bed and cutting the Z's by nine.

And then today; we spent the majority of the day attempting to put stuff away. Yea. Right. Some things are just not meant to happen. If ever I get my camera back from JennyJo R, I will take pictures of the girls stash and Sue's earrings and post them.

I am really pissed off with Jennyjo R. That is OK, this is the last year I make sure She and HER family is taken care of.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Jenny,

Wow, sounds like Santa was really generous to you and the girls! The laptop sounds really nice. Enjoy!

We have 70F at 7 AM, and are under the threat of severe storms today. Yikes! Hope the weather is better in GA!

Have a great weekend1

Hugs,

Renie

12/27/08, 6:42 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

thanks Renie. It is about 70 here too and threatening to hope u weather the storm rain!

12/27/08, 11:06 AM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Santa surely found your house this year! Guess you were ALL good, eh?
Waaaaa...I want a laptop! (and now, a camera since I'm sure a cow ate mine...) Keep me posted on what you think of the Gateway ML6732 cuz someday...if things ever change around here, I'm gonna buy me a laptop! Sittin here on this hard ol chair is killing my spine! Would much prefer to curl up on a soft sofa or somethin'!

12/30/08, 6:04 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love it. I am sure there r more elaborate laptops out there, but this one is NICE. Mee likes so far! It was $648 and came with a web cam

12/30/08, 7:10 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Where'd ya get it? and what programs came with it? Does it come with whatever I'd need to have it connected (indirectly of course) to the internet? I'm not smart enough to know how those things work...still trying to figure out the old transitor radios! hee hee

1/2/09, 4:59 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Walmart. Sigh. That is the only store around that sells electronics less then 75 miles away! LOL. Most of the programs are "trial" ones but that is ok, I have the ones I need on disc, I just need to pop in the code.
MS Office and Student, a ton of games, um.. that is as far as I've looked. LOL, how sorry am I?

1/2/09, 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.