Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I hurt

I hurt. It started about noon today. I am just in so much pain, my back, my lower hips, up my back on the left side. UGH.

I wanted to take a minute to tell you about yesterday (Tuesday, October 21, 2008). I had another incident with Lulu and the police. This time, I was at fault 100%. Molly gave Lulu a penny (Why? I have no earthly clue.) I just so happened to catch a glimpse of that in the rear view mirror before the girls went to fighting over the penny. I did ask what was going on and Molly did tell me that she gave Lulu the penny. I asked her why and she retorted with the infamous, “I dunno.” And I grabbed a handful of junk mail off of my (as you have seen in prior pic’s) dashboard and chucked them at her and told her to trade Lulu something for the penny. Well, when I did this I ran over the yellow line a bit.

Well, GSP just so happened to be pulled off the shoulder on the opposite side of traffic when this happened. Wait; let me back up about a half a mile. I did deliberately swerve over the line to miss a Sprite box that was in the driving lane and it could have been full of cans, I didn’t want to take the chance but there was no oncoming traffic and it was a broken line on my side. So, there was a pretty good chance he saw both cases of swerving. And he wasted no time in turning around and getting behind me with the ominous blue lights flashing.

I slowed down and eased off the road (you have to be careful here because if you do this in the wrong spot, you’ll go in the ditch!) and came to a stop where I could be far enough off the shoulder so we and the cop did not get hit. He did the classic approach to the car, touching the left QP and all. He asked me if I knew why he’d pulled me over. I said, “Well, I know it wasn’t for speeding because I just crossed the 4 lane (southern lingo for the divided hwy with two lanes of traffic going in each direction) and I was going up the hill.” He smiled and asked for my license. Um, OK. I also grabbed my tag receipt (registration down here) and my insurance info. He just took the license. He looked at it and then at me. And boy was he ever a hottie! OOOOH.

“I pulled you over for swerving over the yellow line.” He stated.
“Oh, back there coming off the 4 lane? There is a sprite 12 pack in the road” (now mind you I was nervous and it didn’t really dawn on me that he was speaking of … Oh.. Where I did it right next to him!)
Officer- I didn’t see a soda box.
Me- I looked him dead in the eye and then in my rear view mirror. “It is right there, I can see it from here” And he trustingly turned and looked.
Officer – OH, well, no, I meant right there where you compromised the line right next to me.
Me- Yeah, that.
Officer – Well, what happened?
Me – I told him what I did.
Officer – Let the back window down.
I did and he looked in the window and verified the story with the girls. He asked Amanda If she did what I said.
Molly, “Yes sir.”
He asked Lulu if she was fighting with her sister.
Lulu- Yes.{Pause} Tazer?
Officer – No. And then he gives the girls a very short lecture about how they need to be good and not fight when Mommy is driving because mommy’s job is to pay attention to the road.
The kids both looked like they had been forced to swallow hard boiled rotten eggs. Molly was as white as a sheet; Lulu was leaning back in her car seat and staring at him. He asked if they understood.
Manners Molly – Yes sir.
Lulu –Yes. {very weak and quiet voice} tazer?
Me –{snorting down and choking on fits of laughter, eyes watering}
Officer-{suddenly at my window} Do you own a tazer?
Me – No, the girls watch COPS of G4.
Officer – Look me in the eye (the one thing I don’t want to do because I don’t really want to bust out laughing in the mans face, it is not his fault, he had nothing to do with this and I in no way shape or form want to show ANY IOTA of disrespect).
Me- I don’t think I can. (hopping he hears the strain of laughter in my voice) but I comply and look at him. He is as tickled as I am about the kids and he holds this serious GSP face but is eyes are glistening with tears. He hands me back my ID and tells me to please keep it between the lines esp. on hills. I thank him and we head out.

So, that is twice now in six months that Lulu has got a GSP officer. I reckon now they are going to start pulling me over to get a laugh or something.

Other then that I would like to know how much Obama is paying for this 24 hour paid ad on Dish Channel 73.

Lastly, I would like to hit on the topic of Paris Hilton and her BFF show. I succumbed and watched it again tonight. Hell, why not, it is clean entertainment. When it came down to elimination time and she asked the one girl who she would choose… Man, I wanted the young lady to get a back bone and say both of them. Honest to God. Although I think Ms Hilton is going about this BFF thing the wrong way, I do find this to be clean entertainment. This is very light weight stuff for Ms Hilton. I have really enjoyed watching this show. The few times they do show Ms Hilton, she does seem very real and very interesting. I still have problems with what she is looking for in a BFF, but the show is a good idea for her image. It has been kept very professional and I feel like I have a very different opinion about Ms Hilton. But, I am not stupid either. NAH NAH NAH, I know that there is a crew of highly paid people that are editing, air brushing, coaching, etc to keep this show clean and running smoothly. I know this. But on the same hand, Ms Hilton needs some credit for taking part in it and how she is displaying her image. She does get a lot of bad press and there are some very jealous people out there saying a lot of really negative things about her based on half truths and what they see but don’t really know. I see a person that I would be friends with if I met her tomorrow at college and didn’t know her from a hay seed. She has a really fun idea of life and likes to go where she is embraced in a positive manner (like the Japan show). She is coming off as playful (joking about the fried live baby chickens, WAS VERY FUNNY AND ORGINAL) as well as her genuine interest in how the competitors work under pressure (tonight’s show) and I am really getting wrapped up in watching this. If you go to MTV.com and search BFF you will find highlights of the show and a schedule of the show. No it is not a replacement for EUREKA! And I was working on my homework while watching that.

I also took a few minutes tonight to watch some of Game 1 of the big baseball game. That was fun. I haven’t got to watch Baseball in years and the game at inning 4 was still moving very fast.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL!! funny! and GPS thought so too...how lucky for you! (thought you were gonna say that he told you to NOT let the girls watch Cops anymore!) He he!
Maybe LuLu just wants to the chance to see a tazer for real, ya think?

10/22/08, 10:26 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

I believe the kids are just trying to set you up with a hot cop...

10/22/08, 10:48 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Barb - no she looked scared to death. But perhaps on me, she is a closet sadist, maybe she just wants to see me tazed for shits and giggles.

Doc - OOOOOOH, that would have been nice. Trust me, I would have shown that Officer where to hide his knight stick. :0 DID I JUST SAY THAT? hee hee hee

10/23/08, 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.