Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Public Phobia

Song of the day: "War Pigs" Ozzy Osborne

Quote of the day: "Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not; it is the first lesson that ought to be learned; and however early a man's training begins, it is probably the last lesson that he learns thoroughly. " Thomas H. Huxley; English Biologist (1825-1895)

The quote of the day is dedicated to FermiCat and her 5 Weeks to.... WOOOHOOO... Her final board exam! Please stop over there and give her an encouraging shout out! You go Girl (or really woman but for immature blogging purpose we will call you a Gurl! Eth?)

Two more days of school (after today) and two more days of exams. I think I just fainted. And what a long trip this semester has been. Parts of it just flew by and then other parts ... I'd rather have taken a long walk off a short pier. And that covers the parameter of personal and academic life! It is... all inclusive!

The only thing I regret about this semester ending is that Philly and I will be heading in different directions. She will be heading to Georgia Southern and I will be heading to Western Kentucky. But I made her promise me that she will come up to Nashville area at least once to visit me for an event. And you know what she said... "You will have to plan that event around my schedule." Wow, I love you too. Hee Hee.

I was really Kean on this event until I found out on Saturday that it has gone (well in my mindset I thought small) from a private thing to a public thing. Wow. I didn't really want big or public or in a big building or with a lot of people or the expense.

Did I ever mention that I am almost paralyzed by shyness? I am. People that know me are like, really? But the truth of the matter is ... I think comedy is my self defense. I really do. I have to talk myself into going grocery shopping (or vacations or general shopping) and then I have to talk myself into getting out of the car and then I have to convince myself I really want to go into the building and then if someone smiles at me or speaks to me... I smile back at them but I am thinking... oh no... don't talk... don't stop... don't expect me to shake your hand... why are you touching my shoulder... or the entire compass of things like that.

Really it is amazing that I have any friends. LOL. But people are drawn to me. Kind of like a cat. Ever notice your cat goes and gets on the lap of the guest that hates cats? I feel like that guest when I make friends. I am curious but rather not be there. Whatever. What is even more amazing is the fact that I have two kids. LOL. Not only did a conversation go beyond hello, but got physical.

Did I mention I have a germ phobia? OK we won't go there.

What I need to do is re-read my quote and go and do some Statistic certifies!

Hee Hee.

**Edit**
I went to Walgreens and bought surgical mask's and gloves. We have been declaired a HOT zone because of Migrant wokers exceeding 1000 entering our area from April 20 to April 27. FUN FUN FUN.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I know what you mean about making friends. But your like a drug..I just have to come back for more and without you in Statistics class with me....well....I think I would go nuts.....I hope we done well on our test yesterday. I can't believe our final for that class is next monday. That test will kill me.

you'll be singing

I once had a friend named Kelly,
Who ate big yummy Philly's,
She took a Statistics class
And now she has passed! (away)

I'm really ok, I swear!!
See you tomorrow!!

4/28/09, 9:13 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Awww your funny! But I think... it will be more like... Mike n Eric singing

ok can't think of ne lyrics!

The good thing is that book is open book!!!

4/28/09, 11:22 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Thanks for the shout out. Good luck with your exams.

An event? Hmmmmmmm.

You could glue some sequins on that mask and be "all that". ;-)

4/28/09, 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.