Sunday, April 19, 2009

Movie Rewiew


From past experiences, everyone knows... I love to hate a few things. Like Hannah Montana. I love to hate her. And it is not so much her, it is her father that I don't like and feelings of a parent forcing a kid to do something, et al.

I had to take Molly and her friend Kate to the movies. Lulu came along. The movie had three strikes against it right off the bat. When I paid for the tickets the girl at the window pointed out my dismay and said, "You will like this movie." and that meant... ha ha sucker.

Then we paid almost 40 bucks for popcorn and soda. Strike two.

Then the movie started. Strike three.

Or in my mind... that was how it was going down. Problem was... I really liked it. I didn't want to like the movie but I found myself watching it with the ultimate of intrest. I even had empathy for Billy Ray and it kills me to admit that.

My favorite scene was a toss up. There is an act where there is a cat fight between Hannah Montanna and Tyra Banks. I about fell out of my chair. It was so funny. Then the Hoedown Showdown... that was awsome chorography. Of course there are tear jerkers, and thanks to Lulu's decision to have to use the potty, I got to miss the one that brings all parents to tears! Thanks Lulu. I mean it, really, THANKS because I am not very keen on kids movies that make you cry and that would have been the ultimate of NONO for this movie!!!!

Two thumbs up.

Here is a picture of Ani Defranco

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

One nice thing about not having any kids (at least not the human kind) is that I don't have to see movies like this!

4/19/09, 6:32 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Jenny,

My daughter took her 12 year old daughter Hannah and a friend of hers, to see the movie just a few days ago. They all loved it. I think most 12 year olds are crazy about Hannah Montana. I'm not, but then again, I'm not 12 years old. Haha.

My son and family took off Sunday morning at 4, to drive home to Ohio, so I have been resting up from all the fun of the past 4 days. :-) I miss them, but they will be back this summer.

Have a great evening.

Hugs,

Renie

4/20/09, 5:32 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

A kids movie has parts for tears?
But you were glad you took the kids....right??
and 40 bucks for snacks??? Holy Cow Lady!!! Guess I'm really out of the loop of things!!
Onwards and downwards...
...can't wait
..to read
.about your trip!!

4/20/09, 7:54 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Lord WOW... Just look for the pictures, so much has been blogged you'll go blind trying to catch up.

Renie.. It was a good flick. Glad Mandy enjoyed it too!

4/20/09, 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.