Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sploggin it

This is just a smorgours board of stuff.

Quote of the day: "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon it adds up to real money." Senator Everett Dirksen, US politician (1896 - 1969)

Song of the day: "Whatever it is" Zac Brown Band

Check out the hecklers at the NYT auto show. I had to laugh. Like the auto industry expected to be anything less than jeered? I mean really, we allowed congress to GIVE them out tax money for the bailout and then they take and waste the money on bonuses. Yea, well, I know I won't be purchasing a new car anytime soon. I will drive the one I have no other choice. Why? Because I have no desire to give the auto giants any of my money after their irresponsible acts. That's why.

DC and Family radio show still has the all or nothing thing going, here are the questions and the potential answers so far and the right answers.

1)What will the majority of the world's population (80%) never do or experience?
answer - talk on the phone
2)What is the most purchased item on a credit card?
It is not clothes, gas, hotel rooms, high tech devies, event tickets, reservations, piza ,mail orders, magazine subcriptions, resturant food
I say - online books - ecomerce
3)Almost 1/2 of all spouces say they don't know this about thier mate?
answer - Salary
4) What do the majorit of collee students do right after graduation from college?
Answer - move back home
5)ho is the most beloved movie character?
it is not- mickey mouse, superman, snow white, rocky balboa, betty boop, lucy, shrek, indian jones, elvis, edward (twlight) dorthy,
I say - VITO CORLEONE, from the GODFATHER part 1~~~~~~

I don't know what else to say, I have been busy with school and Doc has been bogged down with work and according to him, "Just don't feel like blogging". Sigh. I will work on getting him to blog something. I feel bad about it, honest I do!!!! I make him take a vacation and then he disappears from the blogasphere!!!! DOC... yooohoooo..... update sometime soon? Eth?

I am hungry. I am working on a paper and studying for an exam... fun... I do a little of one and then switch over to the other... SIGH... right this second is that second in time where I am taking a sanity break and thinking about my gut!

Did the word gut come from glutton?

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dr sardonicus said...

OK, I wrote something, dammit...

4/14/09, 3:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Awwwww, I love you too!

4/14/09, 4:00 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Okay, I have to take issue...GM & Chrysler are in trouble mainly because of the banks, which got the BAILOUTS and paid bonuses. GM & Chrysler got a LOAN and did not give bonuses to anybody. They needed that paltry (in comparison) sum of money to pay their employees (and for the record, the auto companies aren't made up of highly paid execs and hourly union workers only - for some reason the white-collar engineers are forgotten, even though we take all the hits) and the suppliers.

Whenever I see somebody driving an Asian car, I think "I hope you lose your fucking job." Because they obviously don't give a shit about the hundreds of thousands of Americans the Detroit Three employ.

4/14/09, 5:13 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Kathleen

I worked in the Automotive industry for 13 years for both foreign and domestic (ok ok 10 for Chrysler/GMC and 3 for BMW/VW) and I can say this... the bonuses that the auto world got was not as publicized as the bonus that the banks gave. But trust me... There were SPIFS to be handed down by the Auto Clubs. From top executives working for the parent company right down to lowly waranty administrators working for individual dealers.

At least the auto makers were humble and drove to the congressional hearings when they asked the 3rd time and didn't take corporate jets.

4/14/09, 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.