Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Ahhhh a new count down

Doc said to go ahead and give everyone a heads up that there is another countdown to occur that will take place 7 weeks from tomorrow! So,,, pbblbbbth... you are warned. This will be a week to week countdown (as I have less exhausting things to do then a day to day thing)

Please feel free to leave comment guesses. Neither Doc nor I will tell you if your right or wrong. But a heads up... no... we are not Preg and we are not getting hitched (yet). Hee Hee. ANY TAKERS?

Lets see, I picked the dogs up on Monday and brought them home. Bear was listless and wouldn't eat. He was like that all night and yesterday. Harry called me about 2 pm yesterday and told me that Bear was still acting off so I called the vet and he wanted to see him. I ran home and got him and he vomited all over my car and shit all over Lulu's car seat on the way in. little fucker

CRCT exams this week and next week for Molly and I had two exams today. I am wore out. I still need to take a bath but right now even the thought of it is effort and I am just sitting here and ignoring the fact that I stink!

Lets talk for a moment about the CRCT. These exams the kids have to pass in order to be promoted to the next grade level in school. As we know Molly was diagnosed ADD and Asbergers (SP I don't have the paper in front of me to cheat on the spelling). I brought the paper work into the school on Monday (as we got it late in the day on the last day of school before break and that was the first day I could get it to them) and the school administrator is telling me that Molly won't be given the extra time (as defined on the papers from the doctor for her disability) and that it will take effect next school year. So, I questioned if this was not in violation of the Americans' with disabilities Act. Appears that it is in violation and boy did some serious work get done when I asked the correct questions! But it wasn't without a fight! It shouldn't be like that! Then they left five seperate messages on my cell phone about if I didn't do this that and the other thing (while standing on my tiptoes and farting dixie) then the agreement was null and void. So, I called up the Doctor (for Molly, not Doc) and asked him if they could do this. He got kinda short with me and told me a few things (armed me with knowledge) and I called the school back on Tuesday morning and spoke with the principal. So, now that I basically had to threaten to get certain officials and the Civil liberties union involved... Molly gets her extra 45 minutes per test.

She took her first test today, they are given 50 minutes for the test and ten minutes to check it over. Plus Molly gets the additional 45 minutes per her disability. SO... what does Molly do? Finishes the exam in 30 minutes. The teacher that conducted the exam looked it over and said that she couldn't find a mistake on it. Go figure. All that agrivation for nothing.


It is Autism Awarness month, so be aware!

Song of the day: "Kiss on my List" Hall n Oats

Quote of the day: "You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who wil lnever be able to repay you" John Wooden, US Basketball Coach 1910-present

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

Hmmmm? I dont have a clue about your next vacation. You have to start leaving little clues! Seven weeks seems so long. I hope you are at least having phone sex! HAHA

4/9/09, 5:32 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Nope, not a vacation! LOL. Phone sex? The phone don't fit down there. HA HA. But he takes care of me in that department and it will only be a few weeks for the real thing! Ooooops did I say that?

4/9/09, 7:31 AM  
Blogger Train Wreck said...

Oh you girls are naughty!! hahaha! WHat didn't I tell you I was pregnant? NOTTT!!!! Hahaha It is the Big Cowboy in the second to last photos, little baby. My Cowboy just likes kids. No worries we are not having any more!! We just practice(wink)

4/9/09, 11:42 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

practice is fun!

4/9/09, 3:26 PM  
Blogger The CDM said...

Don't tell me that you and doc are gonna shack up, are ya? Ya damn sinners! Sounds like you guys are having a time with it.

4/9/09, 3:35 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

maybe

4/9/09, 3:47 PM  
Blogger Jan Mader said...

I love James Thurber. Thurber House is right here in Columbus. I use to volunteer there. Just sitting in the home of James Thurber inspired so many thoughts and ideas.

4/11/09, 8:00 AM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

I already guessed about the countdown......

I bet Molly just wanted to give the school something more to "talk" about!! Prove to them she's worthy of proper attention!! Way to go Molly!!!

Glad to catch up on things with you Jenn! I've missed you!
I had to take today off and give my weary old self a break!! Been working these ol' bones wayyyyy too hard!
So mowed my grass, slept in, drank tons of coffee and just been sitting here enjoying some warm sun that decided to shine on my aches!
{{{Hugs}}} and don't keep me in suspense tooooooo long!!
Ok??
Barb

4/20/09, 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.