Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mrs L's Joke of the day

I know that we have a lot of things to talk about. However, I got this email from Mrs. L and I am sharing it. The child does not look like any of her grandchildren, so I am assuming this is a joke!


Tough Love vs. Spanking

Good Argument Most people think it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of those “moments”. One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk. Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc. Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too. I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique. Sincerely,Your Friend , Mrs L.










3 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Jenny,

Yikes!!! That's what one would call really tough love!!! And if a cop would come along, some jail time for the Mom.

Hugs,

Renie

4/29/09, 7:54 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Looks good to me! I have a hard time with parents that have lost control of their kids. They allow them to do anything and everything and make excuses for their behavior. I rarely got spanked as a child because I just knew better. All my mom had to do was look at me and I stopped being a brat very quickly. Parents today are afraid to disipline. They just count at them, or put them in a corner for a minute or just ignore them.

4/30/09, 4:54 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Funny picture.

My brain is drained of all it knowledge. I just did ch. 10 and 11 over the past two days and OH MY GOD. So many different ways to do thing, but I got it done. THANK GOD!!!

4/30/09, 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.