Monday, January 19, 2009

They are calling for SNOW

Song of the day: "Like a Virgin" Madonna

Quote of the day: "I can't call you at home because you have no bars where you're at. (Sounds like a commercial - "Jenn has no bars, so she missed that phone call from Prince Charming and is stuck dating Georgia rednecks for the rest of her life...")" Name withheld for privacy reasons.

My answer to this? "I'd rather die a born again virgin then date a Jawja redneck."

The weather today is calling for snow. I shutter. I sip my coffee. I am afraid to look out the window and see white stuff. Should I have left the news on instead of just clicking the TV off when the local experts uttered that word? Will school be closed? Should I call the schools? Should I look out the WINDOW first? WTF!!!! SNOW???? IN THE ARMPIT OF AMERICA?

Your talking to the QUEEN procrastinator here! I still have the ice pictures to post from earlier this week! Oh well. Ice, Snow, and that must mean that hell is freezing over. Figures.

I must look out the window. Puppies want to go out, horses need to be fed, I need to pack the car up if we are going to school... dare I ... should I... oh no..... is it... could it possibly be?

See.. Renie... It is that easy! I wrote that part of the post last night!

The reality is... I woke up, laid in bed a few minutes dreading getting up and looking out the window, snatched up a few dogs, opened the door to a very COLD blast of wind but no snow! Although they are still calling for a chance of snow... it is getting closer to a fat chance of snow! HA HA. But Augusta is getting pummeled by a dusting to a half an inch (or that was at six a.m.) Schools and business are closed up there or detained by at least two hours pending.

The other reality is, I had a smile this morning. There is a great chance this evil little thing (the smile) is going to follow me around all day and force me to bed nice to people! OOPS! **EDIT** BE not bed! But I left the original there to give you all a chuckle! Appears my mind is in the GUTTER. Reminds me of an Elvis Song. Any Guesses what song? Has to do with Crazy!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The CDM said...

This pisses me off! We got the cold weather, but all I've seen are sporadic flurries. I really wanted to see some significant snow by now.

1/20/09, 3:36 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Has your blizzard melted yet?

1/20/09, 5:37 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

CDM- I thought you'd be snowed under by now!
Doc- yea, right after I ate that cherry float!

1/20/09, 5:59 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Jenny,

Hey, this post is from Sunday, and I see no others since then. What happened?

Folks in North Carolina got the snow instead of Georgia, I hear. Some bloggers posted pictures. They were thrilled!

I've been trying to think of the Elvis song, but haven't a good guess. And I used to know all his songs. Are you gonna tell us which song it reminded you of?

I haven't updated my blog in over a week, and still don't feel like doing it either. I may just give it up for a while.

Hope you're having a good week, so far.

Hugs,

Renie

1/21/09, 6:22 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Monday! It was from Monday! LOL. I was busy yesterday and Blogger was down when I went to release todays post! See... you might get three tomorrow!

Please don't give up on blogger. Throw a free write up over there. I will miss your blog to much!!!!!!!

Elvis, "Crazy little thing called love" it is on the lilo and stitch (cartoon) soundtrack and they had it in the car radio the other day. I've been plagued by it for days. Songs do that to me sometimes.

It has been a busy week!
Hugs right back at you!!!
Jenn

1/21/09, 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.