Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I don't do well with disconnect

Song of the day: "Wait" White Lion
Quote of the day: "Keep your fears to yourself but share your courage with everyone." Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)

Here is the letter I wrote to the DC morning show after holding for 20 minutes to be a part of the contest and then getting hung up on. ButI can't stay mad at them, LOL, sometimes that is the only part of my day where I get to laugh.

**EDIT** TO make it worse I can't activate my account over to their webpage. GRRRRRRR.

Dear DC and the Family morning show cast and crew;

I wanted to take a moment and say you should not be condoned for your telephone etiquette. I called to be a part of the contest and I might as well been waiting to talk to a cable company. If it was not for Kathleen coming on the phone line periodically; I could honestly compare you to the cable company or the phone company. Then the experience was topped by being hung up on. Come on, that was just wrong. Don’t you think? Make someone hang on for 20 miles and then just disconnect? I even pulled off the side of the road because I knew I was getting near a dead zone.

OK, done bitching. I want to say, I love your show and you have beautiful babies.

If you would like a laugh, here is the phone number for Santa, I think you have to call it from a cell phone and please don’t play it around your kids. 413-241-2498. I got it as a joke on my cell phone and laughed my firkin ass off. I don’t know if it works from a landline or not because at the end of it is the option to have it set as a ringtone.

The other question is with you being in the radio business, what is going to happen to FM radio when the digital switch comes around in February of 2009? The local news station has stated that they will be loosing their broadcast on the FM dial because of the switch. Does this mean that FM is going to all be filtered through things like Sirius or XM radio? I went to the FCC website but I couldn’t find any info on this topic. I tried calling the local news station but the number they have is for “just if you have a news tip” and they can’t seem to give you any worthy information.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Jenn G

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Don't you just love that "HOLD" position...then to get dumped square on the ground??
Kind of like when I was trying to get this Wild Blue thing! Days and hours...on HOLD...hung up on..redial..reenter numbers...HOLD..hung up...
Great letter tho!!
What is DC?
Hope your day is great Jenny!
~Hugs for you~
Barb

12/3/08, 5:28 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

DC is a nation wide radio show in the morning. I have a link on my upper right side bar for their web page. They used to be The Steve and DC show but Steve left or got fired, I am not sure and they are all hush hush if you ask. Now they are known as The DC and the family radio show. But all in all they are really fun to listen to, 90% of the time they are moving it and laughing it up. 10% of the time they are lame. they take excessive comercial breaks but it is well worth it.

12/3/08, 7:24 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

I listened to Steve and DC quite a bit when they were working in St. Louis in the early 90's. Funny as hell. Then they got fired - I think the NAACP was complaining about them. They've been fired from just about every gig they've ever had.

Lex and Terry tear me up as well. The best way I can describe them is they're like Jerry Springer on the radio. They have't been on in Nashville in a few years now. They're supposed to be on XM, but I haven't found them yet.

12/3/08, 9:30 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Well Steve got fired at the Steve and DC show and it is now just the DC and family show. I can see why they could get canned but lately they have a more broad divirisity and they keep it reasonably clean.

12/4/08, 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.