Friday, November 28, 2008

We survived

Check Spellingwe survived the shopping spree. three thirty came fast and i was not ready to part with my feather pillow and electric blanket to face the bitter cold and screaming mean people. but i did. I did it for sue and amanda. we picked up Karina along the way. wait let me back up. before we left the house, harry got in bed with Lulu, and I warmed the car up. LOL. I was cold. So we get there (I will post a pic later) and it is a mad house. They had all the lights off inside the store and the parking lot was backed up almost to the gas station at the main entrance. The cars were parked all the way back to the gas station (where I parked) LOL. When we were standing there grouped together, sue was wiggling her cart to and fro and I made the comment she was goign to use it as a battery ram. Hee hee. We had conversations with other bystanders about this. When the lights came on and the doors flicked open there was a rush of people and an uproar. I was like, wow. manny went with sue, karina went her way, and I said I would get the clothes. then we got seperated for good. LOL. I grabbed (and paid for) the clothes that sue wanted for harry. Well, OK... I spent $347. And what did i get. Not much. There was not really that much of a sale (the stuff i could get to) and the stuff I could get to was about gone. Thank god we got there when they opened. SIGH.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Good grief, Jenny, can't believe you actually went out on Black Friday! Well, you're helping the economy anyway, so I guess it was good. Me, I was still snoozing in a warm bed at that hour in the morning.

Hugs,

Renie

11/28/08, 7:19 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lol i don't know about helping the economy. This was money held aside all year for today.LOL. God this morning feels like so long ago!

I heard on the 6pm news that a Walmart worker got stampeded in the rush to the door and got killed this morning in Nassau County, NY and then on tonights news there was a double shooting at Toys R Us in Palm Desert California. I think this will be the last time I do black friday, it is getting a little to rough for me.

11/28/08, 10:31 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

You're nuts Jenny! I watched people on the news camped out in tents the nite before, heard one employee at a Wally world trampled to death...
Was it worth rising and shining that early???
Phew! Only ONE time ever did I go out on that Fri. Heidi had never been either...we lived in Az. We both agreed we'd NEVER do it again!
Hope you went home and took a nap!
Have a {{HUG}} crazy Jen!
Barb

12/2/08, 6:25 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh I won't do it again. To make it worse, lol, I took $117 of stuff back today. Sigh.

12/2/08, 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.