Friday, November 21, 2008

The super surreal

Song of the day: "To Be With You" Mr. Big

Quote of the day: "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896)

Free Dictionary word of the day: Remiss

Mood: Muh Cup runnith over

Horoscope: Ha. Capricorn. You look it up.

We went and saw High School Musical 3. I am so happy this is the last one. LOL. OMG. I have a lot to say but it is almost midnight and I want a few hours of sleep before some wild bohemian wakes me up. Ran into the neighbors that hate me at Walmart and one of them hugged Sue, ran into my ex-boss that was kind of sort of INSANE at the movie theater and she hugged me, I've been hugged online… OMG I hope I don't get herpes of the titties! LOL. Joking. Smile, you know you wanna.

Every year I try to come up with a holiday story to share with my friends and family. Some times I am successful and other times the thought just flops. I heard two this week. Both stories are touching in their own way.

Story one, donated from my friend Brad that works at and internet help desk. When he started working there, his boss passed this story on to him. It goes back to when computers still had the 3.5 floppy drives.

An elderly woman called the call center. She told the representative (I think his name was Steve or it will be for the purpose of this story) that she was doing her Christmas shopping on the internet. Her son had bought her a computer over the summer and had spent time with her showing her how to work the computer and the internet. This was her first year doing her Christmas shopping on it and that she had decided to do it because she was old and was assured by her credit card issuer that it was safe. She said she was really enjoying it until check out. She said that she liked being able to have her coffee and never leave her chair while she was shopping. She also liked being able to use her clean bathroom instead of a questionable one at the mall. Anyway, Steve asked her what happened at check out. The woman said, "Well, the computer said to submit payment and I looked all over the computer and saw that little slot in the front, so I put my credit card in there. Now it won't give it back. What do I do?"

Please keep that in mind when you do your holiday shopping.

Second story:

My friend Paul is around 60. He and his wife have been married for 43 years. They decided to get a divorce. He called their son in Texas this morning. He told his son that they were getting a divorce and he was sick of hearing his wife's mouth, the kids were grown and gone, and then the two got into a phone fight. Paul got kind of irate and yelled at his son that he was tired of talking about it, he could call his sister and hung up the phone. So, Paul Jr. calls up Pam in Colorado. He yells at his sister about what their dad said. Pam tell's him to hold that thought and hangs up and call's their parents. Paul answers the phone and Pam starts yelling and screaming at him that they are not going to get a divorce after 40 something years of marriage and to not do another thing until she and Paul can get there on Saturday and hangs up the phone. Paul gently places the telephone on the receiver and say's to his wife, "Honey the kids will be here for Thanksgiving and they are paying their own way!"

And WoW is cussing me because she just spit her coffee all over the computer monitor. Sawwwry. I heard it on the radio.

Oh and I talked to my mom today. Umm hmmm.

4 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Well, I almost spit my diet coke on the computer, reading the two funny stories!

Have a great Sunday!

Hugs,

Renie

11/22/08, 6:12 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Those computer help desk stories are always a laugh. I like the ones about the "cup holder".

11/23/08, 7:04 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Renie
glad you enjoyed.
Fermi- uth oh, what about the cup holder?

11/24/08, 7:17 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Oh aren't you so funny jenn!!! I was PREPARED...hence no coffee on the monitor!!!
LOL!!
Have a great day...Not sure how I missed this....

11/26/08, 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.