Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am as selfish as a pole-cat wanting to have an orgasm

Yep. Yes indeedy.

Song of the day, "Here I go again." By Whitesnake

Mood – irate as the devil in an ice storm, in January, in the middle of Antarctica.

Molly brought home a bad progress report. Should that ruin my day? No. What pissed me off was walking her into the school and being berated by her two bit old bitty teachers. It took me an hour to get back out to my car. Then when I pick up Molly I get the actual 9 week progress report. Hmm. Eth? Um. Ok. Out of the six subjects listed she has 4 A's, 1 B, 1 F. An F? What? I look at the breakdown of the 49%. It is in Math. What? Did I read that subject right, Molly fail math? The same child that did statistic's with me over the summer and broke down and explained certain rules? What? I read the grades. Ranging from 88 to a 13 to a 0 and it was the 13 that reached up and slapped me in the face.

I went over the 20 something grades in math and asked Molly specific questions. Her reply? "My brain just don't work that fast." Do what? Her highest grade was in basic division (which they just started last week) and her lowest was the math facts test on simple multiplication (she know's her times tables, I went over them tonight with her and timed her, she answered something like 112 in 5 minutes for me).

To make it worse, now because she "goes off into lala land" I have to take her to a psychologist and have her re-tested for Autism (and variations thereof), learning disorders, mental retardation, behavioral problems, and ADD. Fine. But you know what? I have already been there, done that, and there is nothing wrong with her. But I get to do it again. I admit, there is something wrong; but I think it goes hand and hand with daydreaming. I could be wrong. I mean after all, I have been wrong before. But I would like to know if that little black jack ass that spit in her face a few weeks ago had to go to a psychologist and get evaluated. I bet he didn't. After all he IS black and his people have been repressed for generations. Sorry if that sounds prejudice but it is meant to be. And that is not like me, but right now, that is how I feel. Sorry if I offend anyone, I am not referring to an entire culture, just one family in specific that used that phrase first. If anything my prejudice is against ignorant people and liars, just a clarification. (oh yea and bad drivers, I just flat hate road idiots.)

The first thing that everyone said to me was to spank her. Guess what. I didn't. I don't think that is the answer. Besides, as mad as I am and disappointed to boot, I don't think I am the person that should deal out a spanking. I really don't. I also don't think it is the answer because I don't think this is behavior. I think this is some boredom and testing the waters to see what she can get away with in this school and with this set of administrators. I lean more on the boredom part. Especially when the teachers themselves tell me she needs to be tested for the gifted program because she is smart as a whip as long as she don't have to write the answers down. She can verbally tell you the answer to anything and the geographic region it originated from or at least a history of the topic. But they can't test her for Galaxy or Gifted if her grades are not indicative of her ability.

There you go. That's all I got for today. Hope yawl's lives are going better.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Jenny,

Molly sounds like a pretty bright girl, to me. Don't let things get to you, girl. As for the retesting for all those "problems" again, I'm just glad we didn't have that stuff when my three kids were going to school.

I have been extremely busy here, first with some writing dealines, and then cleaning out stuff that I have neglected for some time, and getting ready for my company.

Hope you're doing well today!

Symphatetic Hugs,

Renie

11/20/08, 3:01 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Renie
I think I made it sound worse then it is, I was laminating because I was having a pity party; but thank you so much for your warmth.

I've been wondering where you've been. I have been tempted to start posting, "Where u r" over at your blog but then I remembered that you said something about company.

Hugs back and thanks for your kindness
Jenn

11/20/08, 7:05 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

"When in doubt, give 'em Ritalin." At least that's what they tell me these days, having never had the pleasure of rearing children. Sounds like she's just a typical girl her age. If there's nothing wrong with her, stand your ground. Hang in there.

11/21/08, 5:50 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

I agree with dr sardonicus..typcal girl her age! And stand your ground Lady. Heck, I don't think I'm retarded (others may disagree...hmmm) or ADD or anything..but I actually can remember my school days...and they never tested me! hee hee...
Just think...it's almost break time for all of you, and then it's just plain kick back and enjoy the fun!
{{{Hugs my dear Jenny}}}
Barb

11/21/08, 7:19 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Doc- hey now, that is cocaine based and I don't fool with the hard stuff n my kids. Call me a naturalist. They gotta be knockin on deaths door for me to get them an antibotic. Normal? I wouldn't go that far, but maybe alturistic. Sorry you never experienced raising a child. At least it gives you an excuse for wrinkled forhead and grey hairs. But red heads (natural ones) don't go grey they get blonde. LOL. The irony of that. I hanging. TTSP.

Wow - What am I going to do with you? LOL. I don't want break time. That means I have to have a bunch of time with LULU. Grrrr. She has been a wild cat lately, I can't imagine spending two solid weeks with her! YIKES. I was an odd ball kid too, but I did my work. I also spent my fair time daydreaming and writing. There is something going on, we just don't know what. Or else I wouldn't keep concenting to these exams. But i don't think it is in the area they are looking. ALll will work out.

11/21/08, 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.