Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand words

To a certain blogger buddy that likes the pumpkin milkshakes, here is this weeks special at the college cafe, it is pumpkin cheesecake. I was not in favor of this dish, I will admit that it looks real nice, but it tasted like a weak pumpkin pie with a cheesecake consistancy but not the tang you expect from cheesecake. But don't trust my taste buds here, everyone else that had tried it LOVED it. And I will give Kat (the woman that runs the cafe) credit, she cooks really good food and fantastic deserts. This pie looked really nice, she has a great presentation; almost artistic. What really ruined the thought of trying it again (after all they say if you don't like something try it 7 times and you aquire a taste for it) was the fact that when I was walking to my car, I burped and then ... I TASTED pumpkin really strong. This taste kept repeating itself everytime I burped and for whatever the reason... LOL... the two bites I had of it gave me that kind of gas! Thank God I didn't fart at Molly's Veterans day assembly because if it tasted like pumpkin repeating itself what on earth would it have smelt like!!!!! OK bad immage! Here is the pic of the pie and pic's of Molly's assembly will follow when the other parent (that remembered his camera... my camera phone just would not zoom good enough for assembly pictures) gets around to emailing me.
Photobucket
assembly from the camera phone
Photobucket

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hmm, I usually love cheesecake, but your experience with the pumpkin cheesecake didn't sound too great!

Nice pictures of the assembly. Your camera phone takes pretty good pictures.

I'm tiiiired and going to bed. Good night, Jenn!

Hugs,

Renie

11/11/08, 8:46 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I had a pumpkin chocolate cheesecake not too long ago, and I will agree with you that it did not taste pumpkin-y enough. It was good. Just not great.

11/11/08, 9:04 PM  
Blogger Pendragon Inman said...

maybe it's the love for pumpkin pie and then seperately for cheesecake that just can't allow the two to be combined. I don't think i'd care for it either.... :\ yuck.

11/12/08, 2:16 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

I love cheesecake (BTW..I never got that piece you were sending me ..smile..) but don't think I'd like pumpkin! I've had chocolate and it was pretty good, but still not as good as old fashioned original cheesecake!
Hmmmm...maybe I shouuld get a cell phone JUST for pix taking! Do you have to have "service" for it to work?
Hope your weekend has been a quiet one Jenn.
~Hugs~
Barb

11/16/08, 6:26 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

WOW - the pic's will work without service, you just have to have a memory card in it to transfer the photos. which is what I do. I have service with Alltel but I save on the fee's by using the memory card instead of messinging

11/18/08, 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.