Monday, November 24, 2008

the long walk of despair

Most normal people will walk for pleasure or walk the dog. Oh no, not me. I had a reality break about just how out of shape I am today. Comanche went down. I took the hose to her and made her drink. I got her up and I walked her. And walked her. Up the road, down the road, up the drive, down the drive, around the front yard, weaved in and out of the pecan tree's, then exhauseted around the back yard. My uncle took over walking her when I went to get the kids and my aunt called the vet. I stopped by the vet and got two shots for her. I came home and gave her a shot and then took over walking her. Then Freckles went down. 4 or 5 times. He would try to keep up with us walking and just poof he was down. So I gave him the other shot and walked Comanche ot the back and tied her head up so she couldn't lie down. I went back and made Freckles get up and walked him. I walked them until about seven tonight and just couldn't do anymore. Comanche went to drinking water and Freckles started to nip and try to play. I figured they were out of deep water. I came in and ate dinner and got the kids their baths. Sue had fed them, and got Manny on task with her homework. Lulu was just getting out of the tub when I got in.

I am going to bed. Night.

3 Comments:

Blogger dr sardonicus said...

A cowgirl's work is never done...

11/24/08, 9:53 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

is that it or is this divine payback for dressing my kids silly?

11/25/08, 6:58 AM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Oh you are lucky! We lost a horse years ago, after two days of walking! In DEEP snow, over thanksgiving (we ate outside aroudn a campfire in 3.5 ft of snow! The 4 of us taking turns walking!
G'nite Jenny!
~Hugs~
Barb

11/26/08, 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.