Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rain rain

Quote of the day – "The tooth fairy teaches children that it is ok to sell body parts for money." David Richerby

Song of the day – "Songs about rain." Gary Allen

Well because it is raining of course.

Hmmm. I wasn't done with my post! LOL. I guess I am now. LOL. Fermi - yeas, it has been lovely. My window has been open for two nights with a towel on the sill, Just so I could listen to the pitter patter of the rain. Doc - well it is a good song. This comming from someone who grew up on heavy metal. Even though my preference was heavy metal I would deviate to clasical and jazz, and dance music, but never country or rap. LOL. Now I seem to like country. It could be due to lack of options in this area. We get two radio stations in good, counrty, and 80's overkill. Sigh. And... I can't remember your name.... Sell your liver? R U Nuts? After taking A and P and microbio and bio I and II; you couldn't even get me to go somewhere and give blood. No matter what they were paying for O-. hee hee.

Now for the rest of my post that got intruped by life the universe and everything. LOL. Wow. Brian called (that's where the post got intruped) and he wanted the sizes the girls are wearing. His sister is going to send them some stuff. And so is he. Really? I mean, his sister never forgets their b-days or any holiday, she sends them cards for everything. She is really cool. Amanda loves her to death. She can't remember meeting her but she does love to get mail. And Melissa sends her tons of cards. It is sweet. I wish I could remember to send her stuff. But Brian? Wow. It really floored me that he a) called b) was being civil c) was going to send something to both the girls. That was when I hit publish post instead of save as draft. All is well.

I decided to lay off nagging him and just answer his questions to what the girls were looking for that we had not got them yet. He did mention my cell phone and that he left a voice mail. I told him about my cellphones trip to the coffee cup. He roared and then busted on my coffee likes. "Well, your LG just decided it's charge wasn't good enough and went for the esspresso hit." this is where i make a funny frowny face at the phone... it is french roast... seatles best... not espresso. damnit. But I held my tounge, after all he was being civil.

Lets see, feed the horses twice today, feed the dogs twice, feed the kids and adults three times, never got to making fudge, moved Molly's bed into my room (that was yesterday but I need that for a reference point here in a minute), went through paper work and found phone contract where it states I did in fact take out a contract on my phone when I purchased it, moved the patterns into a storage box and out of the waxed cardboard box they've been in, put awy laundry, put books in one stack (the ones to sell next semester), got books ready (molly and I) for tomorrow, got lunches packed, made beds, washed ass, vacumed carpets, swept floor, spot mopped floor, did dishes a billion times (at least five times, glad we only ate three times) and sat down to have a cup of coffee and get back to this post.

Phone rings. It is Molly (she had gone grocery shopping with Sue and Harry and Lulu and no I did not do all that while they were gone, I made a pot of coffee) and she asked me to come and pick her up at the trash dump. WHAT? So, I drove down there (expecting the worse) only to find out that is as far as they made it and the truck started to act up. OK WHAT A RELIEF. SO, I packed everyone into the car and took them to the store. Harry drove the truck back to the house, I offered to follow him but he said no to take momma to the store. Sigh.

That is my life in a nutshell. That is what I do day in and day out. I am not complaining. It is like; I got a few minutes to myself and pooof I had to run out. And you know what I was going to do on that break? I was going to fill the tub up with hot water and take a long hot soak! Just me in a hot tub of bath salts....OOOOOOoooOOOoooOOooh. But nope. The kids got the hot water when we got home at 8pm. After dinner, I ran them a bath and stuck them in it. I forgot to turn the hotwater heater back on (energy saving tip - shut the breaker off on your hotwater heater when your not using it, and turn it on about 20 minutes before you take a bath - your electric bill will drop about 10 bucks) lets see... oh yea then I did dinner dishes. Sue used some hot water when she cleaned the oven... oh I bet you see where this is going. Anyway... I took a realllllllllly quick rise off, washed my butt and pitts and lol..... that was it! The water was like jumping into the Henry Hudson river in January. OMG.

Now to moving Molly's bed into my room. We never got re-arranged from summer and the energy crisis we faced with the electric bill jumping to outlandish prices. (when we moved all the bedrooms downstaris.) Yep. Everyone got lazy. LOL. We are actually talking about taking the second floor off of the house and builing a few more rooms on downstairs. Wow. We suck. Anyway. Molly is not about to sleep upstairs by herself. So, I moved her bed into my room. I had to so I have a spot to put the tree up. THE TREE. OMG. I am not ready to decorate for xmas yet. OMG OMG OGM.

Now back to Molly. LOL. Last night I did not sleep well. Lulu moved around like she was a fish in a tank. So, I got up about 20 times. One time was not Lulu's fault. LOL. I kept hearing Molly pass gas. Well one fart was a squeek. It made Ani bark. Oh it was funny. I was sitting here whispering, "Ani Hush" so a few minutes go by and Molly starts snoring and Ani about had a coniciption fit. I had to get up and put her in bed with Lulu and I. That made sleeping more fun because I had to check the 3 pound vipers location evertime Lulu moved so that Lulu did not roll over on her and squash her. DOGS, KIDS.... grrrr. Thank god the horses don't sleep inside.

So, I am sitting there talking to sue tonight. She is bitching about this green light on the air freshner and how it mvoes. She keeps saing, look at it,it is moving up , now tot the right... and it was just blinking. And I started to laugh. I couldn't help it. Sue was like, I am not loosing my mind, it is moving. So, I am like OOOOK.... laugh, laugh.... and she was getting mad. Then she is like what are you laughing at and I was like... Molly farting... and she started to laugh. She was like omg... my stomach hurts... did I ever tell you about when Molly farted and hollard... it is a silent but deadly and I told her to hold the covers down and she ripped them off of the bed? lOL,,, guess you ahd to be there. Molly was like all agasht over that one and sue was like, I meant hold them dwon next to your sides so the smell don't get out.... OUR CONVERSATIONS, eth? What do you talk about on a Sunday night? Bet it is not as fun.

What I was orginally going to post about was decorating the tree. The rain ruined it for this weekend. I couldn't exactally bring it in without ruining the box. GRRR. So I reckon when it dries up some I will haul that ginormous thing out.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Hasn't the steady, slow rain been a nice change of pace? I've been sleeping with the window cracked so I can hear it pattering in the trees.

11/30/08, 6:51 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

The list of rain songs could go all day. I don't know that one, though. I've heard Gary Allen's name, but really haven't paid attention to any music he's done.

11/30/08, 7:31 PM  
Blogger Just telling it like it is said...

I tried to sell my part of my liver but they wouldn't take it due to my daily intake of alcohol go figure?

11/30/08, 8:13 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Fermi - Yes, yeas, yeah, yup.

Doc - I am not a counrty girl but it is a good song.

Just - LOL - what does that have to do with being a donar? u could have dried up long enuf to matter.

Oh and I finished my post. I accidently hit publish when I meant to hit save. Oh well, if you want ppl to reply just keep it short, eth?

11/30/08, 10:21 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Jenny,

Funny post!

My granddaughters put my tree up last week. They do this every year. So I'm all set for Christmas. Better get busy with that tree over at your house. LOL.

Take care!

Renie

12/1/08, 7:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

mmmmhmmm. That is easier then it souns Renie! HOPEFULLY by the weekend. Thanks for the encouragment.
Jenny

12/1/08, 8:50 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

What? let a little rain get in the way of Christmas tree decorating??
Could have gotten out the trusty ol' hair dryer! LOL!
Do you chop it down around your place or have to buy one?
It's a good thing you are young Jenny! You have one busy life!!!
~Hugs~
Barb

12/2/08, 6:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Silly, Silly Barb. We are in the South 'heh. We don't chop down the tree. Nope, No, and not-uth. It is to hot for a real tree, they dry up and become a fire hazard too quick. Unless you buy it the night before christmas. Nope, it was a culture shock to me. This was the first artificial tree I have ever gotten. Ok well the second, the first sue threw away. SO, I dig the tree out of the shed every year and put it up. IT SUCKS. I don't want to drag the box over until it dries out because I want to keep the box intact. SUCKS.

12/2/08, 7:54 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Yea, we got our first fake tree in AZ. They are not the same as the real scented ones are! Cleaner perhaps, but not my preference by a long shot!
Just how hot is there in the winter?

12/3/08, 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.