Friday, October 03, 2008

Elaborating on my answer to reflecting...

I am taping every day (I have a very long drive to/from school) and I started it to compile my thoughts for my writings (school/blog/personal) and there is an awful lot I have to say. Bot that anyone really wants to hear me rant, I am not even sure I want to hear myself rant soemtimes, but all the same it does wonders for your mental state. Interesting what goes on in your head when you stop to think OUT LOUD about it and not just ramble fleeting thoughts internally. And when you do get all the little bits of garbage out of your head, you'd be suprised how clearly you can actually think and how well you can function. I have 17 recordings now from Monday, some of them will show up here, some will show up on my writing blogs or my finding me blog, and when I finish this psych paper, that will show up on my overload blog, and then some... well... lets just say... There is a DELETE BUTTON. here to please. Your blogger Jenny is here and ready to please.

Honored I am to have people reading my blog. I enjoy the comments but I also understand that I am not the only blog out there and commenting on my blogs is not a requirment to being a blogger buddy. I know people are reading my blog, or looking at my page, Ihave a hit counter. It always suprises me to see it move! I am like, WOW.... five people looked at my blog today (and I could prolly tell you who they were.. LOL) but anyway I just wanted to clarify that.

A little introduction for some people who don't know the history of me and blogging. I spent six years managing a chat room. I had two online communities that I managed, one of which I owned, and I had a third one that I was a member of but did not manage it. When I started to blog I was a chatter. The only reason I started to blog was becasue my favorite friend from HS also blogged and it was a way to keep in contact with her. But I could not compete with others for her attention to my blog, so for the first few years of blogging I was just doing it without heart or real ambition.

When I met Tony (Lulu's daddy) I took a break from the internet. The chat rooms were going to pay, blogging was blah, and I was busy between Amanda and Tony and working at the Prision. I rediscovered my blog when I went back to school. I was a little shocked that it was still there and blogger had not deleted me because of my absence. I started to use this blog then as a journal.

Then I started to look around at other peoples blogs that had replied to the blogs I lurked at (read but not reply blogs) then I started to reply to some blogs, OH yea, then people started to reply to my blogs. And Blogging got intresting fast. My counted passed 1000 hits in May. I was flattered. WOW. Now, I've managed to compile 3,000 hits sense then. Pretty cool, eth? Prolly half of them are me checking to see if anyone viewed my page, but all the same, the blog odometer is moving. Not moving as fast as NYPINTAs 30,000 but hey, she is a great blogger, a fantastic writer, and genuine. I am not saying that I am not, but I havn't put the time or effort into blogging like her. Or like WOW, or like anyone on my sidebar. You all rock when it comes to blogging and blog extras.

So, lately I have burried myself in trying ot be a better writer. Thanks to BB's blog and I realized that the next step to blooging is making an impression with my writing. Only a portion of it is on content, the other majority of a good blog is the way it is written. If you got something to say and say it poorly, you mise well not have said it. So, that is where the tape recorder is comming in. I need to get back in focus with my writing (somehting that I have laid aside for a decade) and thus my blog is undergoing another change. I am rolling over from journal mode to writing mode annd I hope the experiec3e is a great one for all.

And YES, I know the above section has a lot of grammer errors, spelling errors, and what nots, I am typing in my PJ's, I've dropped the kids off at school, and I am freezing (49'f) and planning on getting back in the sack as soon as I hit "Publish Post" and Perhaps I will come beack later and do some editing.

PBBBBLLLBBBTH.

Here is how my next blog begins, "However you want to phrase, paraphrase or reinact that...."

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Taping yourself while driving - that's an interesting idea. Seems like I have all kinds of blog ideas in the car, but lose them by the time that I can get to a computer.

I agree with most of what you said about writing well, but I'd try not to torture myself too much with it. I had teachers in junior high and high school who made me a decent technical writer, but flogged me so hard that I get little joy out of writing. To this very day, I see writing as work, which is the main reason I'm not very prolific - most days I'd rather be out in the yard pulling weeds or something. I think above all, blogging should be fun - it's good to improve your writing skills, but the main thing is to get your ideas out there, and to enjoy doing it.

10/3/08, 8:06 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I read all of your entries, but don't always have time to comment, especially when I read them at work! Keep on writing. It is good for the soul.

10/3/08, 9:19 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks for the support guys. And doc = writing is the last thing I do on most days - i would rather be outside attracting skin cancer rays also!

10/4/08, 6:31 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Heh. I just bought a recorder that I was planning on using while in the car too. Funny thing is that as soon as I turn it on my mind goes blank. Figures.

I started my blog to improve my writing as well. And to keep the gears lubed (or whatever.) Something about an object being in motion. Most of the people that read my blog are people I know from BBs so they didn't just show up randomly. (But I'm glad that they have stuck around and indulged my post whorishness.)

10/5/08, 8:56 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Yea...keep it up Girl! I'd miss coming here! And you do write good!
I usually get to chuckle when I'm here and that's a GOOD thing!
Barb

10/7/08, 1:31 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

NYPINTA
I always start with the clouds. Odd. I just start talking about what I see in the clouds (17 recordings of clouds, 5 classes, and 6 on this paper I need to finish typig yp) and from the clouds I do a verbal free write (like the angrry black apes on my other blog) and wowoo. it ends up happening and befor eyou know it you've reached your destination, and are parked sitting int eh car talking to yourself.

thanks wow. I'm not that great, i was once tho and I plan to be again.

10/7/08, 8:43 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

oh and fermi - i read all yours too. sometimes I just am at a loss of words.

10/7/08, 8:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

oh and fermi - i read all yours too. sometimes I just am at a loss of words.

10/7/08, 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.