Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I deny the color Black

Deny was one of my daughters words spelling words for this week. I had to think about this word. I looked it up in the dictionary! You have to use the word in the exact format. Deny. It cannot be used as, denied, denying, etc., so on and so forth!

I gave up on Eureka when the bugs escaped from the tent. That was about half way through it.

Nothing eventful today. I got my Biology outlined and nothing else. Oh well.
***
But I learned a few things yesterday from my 9 year old. Here is a snip-it of the conversation between Molly and Me.

We are watching COPS.
Molly: Man, she is all DUI, Drunk, peed her pants, and she looks like she just had sex.
Me: HUH? W-W-W-WHAT?
Molly: That woman.
I look. Yes, she looks trashed. Me:DUI and drunk are the same thing. DUI means driving under the influence.
Molly, gives me a KNOW IT ALL look.:Oh mom, you know DUI is cop lingo for... well I can't say it.
Me:Go ahead, say it.
Molly: DUI is lingo for DUMBASS
me to sell: Yea, you got that right. Me to Molly:Um, no. (and I explain it.)
Molly:Ok, what ev. But she still looks like she just had sex.
Me: Why? Because she peed her pants?
Molly:NO. Your being silly. Look how she is dressed. Look how she is all leaning on the cop.
me to self: Your not suppose to know this! Me to Molly: She looks like a drunk dummy that peed her pants. And I don't want to have this conversation right now.
***

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger LL said...

Another golden opportunity wasted... :P

8/27/08, 10:51 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

huh- huh? how/ what'd I waste?

8/28/08, 9:14 AM  
Blogger LL said...

A chance to explain sex to the young-un.

8/28/08, 3:32 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LL I am so SCARED of that conversation! I know I gotta do it, I know I do... BUT HOW?

8/29/08, 9:45 AM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL! You also missed the opportunity to use that spelling word! DENY
I DENY you the right to watch COPS again! LOL! Aren't kids wonderful?!

9/1/08, 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.