Monday, May 18, 2009

Mind IF I park HERE?


Despite the emergency landing, you can see the pilot of this aircraft (top picture) is in relatively good spirits and more importantly UNHARMED.


Let us back up a second. I did not sleep well last night. Needless to say when Doc came home from work, I was a little bit grumpy about being woken up. He took it well. So, I spent the next hour getting the dogs out, Molly up and ready for school, and then I came back in, finished my coffee and said, yea, I am gonna GO BACK TO BED.

I had just crawled into the bed and was on the hinge of sleep or wake and I heard this noise. My first thought was that it was a solicitor and he/she was banging on the door. But the noise did not fit the frantic wooshing noise. I listened closer and sat up in the bed trying to orientate where the noise was coming from and what it was. IT was LOUD. I could hear the bird freaking out and I could hear the dogs freaking out but they were just shallow noises in compared to the... is it flapping?

Disgruntled, I rose from bed, got dressed and followed my ears. On the front porch I looked around. Right away I noticed a big red thing over by Ms Robin's house. And it was moving. I knew that was not right. I grabbed Doc's phone and rushed out the back door with my my flip flops on. LOL. I ran. Or waddled in a fast motion. By the time I hit the driveway I saw the whole scene.

There was a large hot air balloon down between the driveway and the neighbors house. I saw a man crawling out of the basket. OH SHIT. I started to run. He was OK. He started to check out the balloon and the basket and he was talking to some other neighbors that had rushed to his aid on their 4x4. I looked to my right and Ms Robin was coming down the hill with her nephew. OK. Everyone home on the ground was OK.

The man turned and smiled and asked if it was OK if he landed in the yard. Um no, mister, get back in that thing and move it! We were like, YEA, ARE YOU OK. Ok it was an emergency landing, he wasn't death, LOL, but wow. He said that he was from Hendersonville and his chase crew was on the way. He thought it was a nice day but when he got up in the air, the wind was really bad and he saw our valley and decided the safest thing to do was land.

It is all good. He was unharmed, maybe a little spooked but unharmed. He used great judgment and all is well. Even the balloon and the basket!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

That would have been cool, kinda!! I bet that would never happen where I live. Do ya miss me yet??? I had to walk two miles in the rain this morning to get to my first class at 8:00 this morning. I was soaked. I bought a parking pass and a bike rack. I'm gonn have to ride my bike, which i love to do anyway. Miss ya!!!

5/18/09, 12:13 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I miss you too, like crazy! Just think what a great butt your gonna get from riding the bike! Hee Hee.

Sorry you had to walk in the rain!

5/18/09, 6:12 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

i got a
B in Gvt
B in West Civ
C in Bio II
D in Stat's
A in Weights
thought u'd like the B in gvt!

5/18/09, 6:13 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Did you text me, saying happy birthday from your new number...I got a text and didnt recognize it...I thought it was you...I still think it was you...Was it??

5/18/09, 6:13 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

you suck man...I got a C in that class.

5/18/09, 6:14 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Jenny,

Wow, what an exciting event in the neighborhood! Glad the guy was okay. Cool pictures.

Pretty good grades except the D in Stats. For shame! LOL. What is Stats? I have no idea.

Hey, take care.

Huggies,
Renie

5/18/09, 8:46 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Philly - Yea, that was me. I know, LOL, that is why I posted that grade, JUST in case u missed it.

Renie - Statistics. Need I say more? And one of the hardest dangaboppie finals I have ever taken!

5/18/09, 9:31 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Holy crap. I just saw an ad for a festival for hot air balloons... and thought those things are dangerous! You couldn't pay me to get up in one of those things...but that's kind of cool you got to see it close up like that.

5/19/09, 9:20 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I used to date a ground chaser, lol, so I've been close to them. When I was younger (like Molly's age) I used to go up in them and on tram's and stuff... anymore... HELLLLLLLLL no!

5/19/09, 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.