Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It is HUMP day... wanna?

Quote of the day: "Women are like phones:
They like to be held, talked to,
and touched often.
But push the wrong button and your ass is
disconnected!" unknown

Song of the day: "Walking on Sunshine" Katrina and the Waves

Topic:
Is there one? LOL.
The space mission is in orbit and seeking to fix or maintain the Hubble for another 5 years. Neat. Maybe by then we can bring one up there that is stronger. I love the images we get from Hubble, they are so cool.

Pole Hill walkability (see Doc's blog for the link) . We have a really low walkability rating and most likely because of all the hills (that want to be foothill's... really, step down from little mountains) and yet... the school bus don't come to the house and I have to walk Molly to the stop. It is NOT far but both up hill to get there and up hill to get home, so NOT fair either! OK, the driveway is uphill to get out and then down hill to get to the bus stop and via vera from the stop home, maybe 1/4 of a mile total if that far. BUT my BUTT is sore from doing it. I liked how DOC put in his post the "We" part. Uth-huh. The first thing he said about me moving here was that "WE" were going to work on walking the 5 mile loop. Hmmm. I have the first 1/4 mile of it covered. See, now if he'd walk with me to the bus stop in the morning, we could knock this ... erm... walk... out of the way and he could go to bed tired. Hee Hee.

Next, I am considering getting rid of Bear and Annie. Or at least Bear. They are sweet little dogs and I love them both. BUT Bear can Jump higher then Annie and I am afraid that he is going to catch Doc's bird. We can't have that. I don't really want to get rid of Annie because she is Amanda's dog. She is also sneaky and cowers and I can't stand dogs that do that! But Annie just loves Doc. So does Bear. IT is just too much for me. And it is NOT fair to them that they got to go into the box or outside when I've had enough of them being half grown puppies.

I have steak out to cook for tonight. YUM. I am hungry just thinking about it. I think I will get some pasta and pepperoni when we go to the store tonight and make a pasta salad to go with the steak. Sound good? Yep, I thought so.

OK, I am going to walk my fat rump up the hill and check the mail and then take a shower. I have accomplished nothing this morning ('cept marinading the steaks). It is hard to get anything done when you take a nap and then screw off on the computer all morning! OK, screw off for an hour on the computer! Hee Heee.

Oh and I got pictures of the jungle in front of the house to post, but I just don't feel like downloading the pictures to the comuter right now. Or is it computer to comute the pics to photobucket to up load them here... anywho....

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I might know someone that wants the dogggies if you decided to let them go? Are you going to sell them or give them away?? My mom was talking about getting one or two of the same type, so let me know what you decide!! okie dokie!! bye

5/13/09, 12:08 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Hmmm. Reading any stuff about how far kids have to walk to catch the bus, to school, etc., etc., always takes me back in time to when I was in school and usually leaves me with very little sympathy for those doing the "walking" these days. Why? Well, because for the first six years of my education, we (my neighbor kids and I) walked to school and it was uphill (both ways as Bill Cosby would tell it) and the distance was close to a mile. Regardless of the weather too, we were relegated to walk this distance. Okay, once in a blue moon (those things you know are pretty rare) my Mom might possibly have taken pity on us and got the car out to drive us there but those times were very few and very, very far in between. From 7th through 12th grade, the distance dropped to about 1/2 a mile and a very gentle rise to the walk -nothing almost straight up as was the trek to the elementary school. Today, the kids here walk not even the length of a football field to the bus stop and bitch, cry and complain about doing that. Frequently, parents will drive them that distance too and sit in the car and wait with them then for the bus to arrive. And we wonder then about why kids today get very little exercise. (Oh, in elementary school, we often were dismissed for lunch, walked home, ate and back to school for the afternoon session too.) But how far I walked then was a drop in the bucket to how far my Mom walked to the high school, every day, no busses, all uphill going to school and it was a distance of 2 1/2 miles one way! No one -other than other kids -walked with her either -no parents anyway. I know, it depends too on the child and how reliable that kid is to follow instructions or what the individual abilities (or disabilities) may be but way too many kids with no issues whatsoever are just plain molly-coddled these days. That's what my Grandma would have said and I tend to agree with her words in this aspect. The older I get, the more I see the logic in what she used to say and yeah, the more I turn into a plain old curmudgeon too I guess.

5/13/09, 12:36 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Jenny,

Your title to this post almost scared me off, but then I decided to come and read it anyway!

Hills are good for you. I have to go up and down hills all the time. It's what keeps me in shape.

Can't believe you want to get rid of the doggies! Don't ya think that's a bit mean? I mean, they think of you as their mama!

Are you on Facebook? Gonna find you. Wanna befriend me? I'm on there, too.

That steak sure sounds good. Enjoy.

Hugs,

Renie

5/13/09, 4:50 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, and you're on Twitter! Just signed up to follow you, kiddo!

Hugs,

Reniewriter!

5/13/09, 5:01 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

Screw off on the computer my ass! I know what you are up to!

5/13/09, 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.