Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day
Quote of the day: "The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else." Umberto Eco, Travels in Hyperreality; Italian novelist & semiotician (1932 - )
Song of the day: "Bohemian Rhapsody" Queen
And here is a poem I wrote when Molly was 3 and was calling me her Hero. Hee Hee.
My Hero Today
By: Jenn Ganoe
Thank you momma
Her smile was sweet
I dropped a kiss upon her
and went about the day
she peeked in on mefrom time to time
or I would just stop
drop quietly upon my kneesto creep and be the
unsuspecting beast
In a moment like thatin her eruption of laughter
her eyes sparkled at mein her little voice choked with hiccups
she saidthank you momma
thank you everyday
thank you momma
your my hero today
I didn’t know what to do
I was astounded
I was mesmerized
and no one warned methere would be moments like this
when only could youbreathe
and scarcely at that
afraid to break the trance
I never knewI wanted to be a hero
for anyone
until she told me I was
And what was it
that made her say that
and what had I done
to deserve something so special
as the look of her love
uninhibited adoration
my heart lingers in my chest
I am a hero
Today
Congrat's all you mom's out there, we are doing a great job. And also to you dad's that are doing a mom's job (because she can't be there). Hope your dad was great also!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Do children with four legs and fur count. Cause if they do I am a mother of five.

I think you cursed me. I woke up sick today. Sinus infection, I feel like my haed is going to pop!!

5/11/09, 2:32 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yea, four legged kids count. ESP if you spay or nuter them!

Sorry about the sinus infection, I feel a little congested myself

5/11/09, 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.