Sunday, May 03, 2009

going... going... gone!

Song of the day: "I don't want to wait" Paula Cole

Quote of the day: "This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer" Will Rogers 1879-1935

The woman who bought Comanche called me today and told me she got my horse and that she had a good home for her. She said that Lewie explained I had to leave the state and that who ever bought the horses were getting healthy horses. She asked me when her shots were due and I told her how fancy Comanche can be. She was ecstatic. She said there was a small bidding war for Freckles. One guy really wanted him (and got him) and kept upping the bid. Cool.

She made me cry. She said she would mail me a picture of my pony in her new home. She promised to be good to her. I tried to be brave on the phone but I think she could tell. I thanked her for calling me and hung up. I wept for a few minutes but then I resolved to the fact the horses were going to have a good life.

Nothing else exciting.

We never got to the beach. The woman coming to look at the furniture stood me up. Kids were in the pool twice today and ate all day like we have never fed them. Ms Jen and Lucy got in an argument about whose b-day was next, and I saw a snake.

Yep. Seeing the snake kind of ruined my day. LOL. It was brown and I don't know if it was a Brown snake or an Eastern Brown snake, so that is disturbing seeing one is poisonous and one is not. UGH.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jan Mader said...

You really do have horses. Please tell me more.

Meanwhile, if you get a chance, please visit my animal blog too. I don't know what got into my head, but I wanted to write about animals and somehow that didn't fit on my writing blog.

http://jan-mader.blogspot.com/ ANIMAL BLOG

5/3/09, 9:42 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I don't know what more to tell you! They are sold!

I looked at your blog a few minutes ago, I will have to read it after tuesday, I have a mess of finals on Monday and another on tuesday.

SIGH. I know it is there I just have been spread thin. Thanks for the link.

5/3/09, 10:08 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I'm glad your horses went to good homes. We had horses when I grew up, and it is hard to say goodbye to them.

5/4/09, 7:50 AM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Jenny,

I'm glad your horses went to good homes. It was nice of the woman to call and talk to you.

The brown snake didn't threaten you in any way, did it? It was just surviving in its own world, and that is good, don't you think? If it had a triangular head, it was poisonous, if not, it was harmless. I don't understand the fear people have of snakes. I don't love snakes, but neither am I freaked out by them, and there are plenty of them in the Ozarks. Just a part of nature, like the rest of us.

Take care!

Hugs,

Renie

5/4/09, 6:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Fermi - yea, that was a relief that they went to a good home.

Renie - thanks for the support! As for the snake, he'd just ate something and it was behind his head so I thought he was a lizard until he went back under the propane tank. I don't know if it was the Eastern Brown (poison) or the Brown (nonvenomous)but I am going to try not to worry about it!!!! I am all for nature. Snakes bug me. I used to catch them when I was a kid but somewhere as a teen I developed a fear of them and I don't know why.

5/4/09, 7:55 PM  
Blogger Lady Holiday said...

Don't worry-- the poisonous eastern brown snake only lives in Australia. I think that the only venemous snakes that Georgia has are copperheads, rattlesnakes, coral snakes, and cottonmouths. The rest are harmless to humans.

5/5/09, 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.