Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day Confessions

I met someone in December and I got an illness.
Yes indeedy.
I came down with a case of
Heart Disease.
I can't even DENY what is going on. It bothered me at first. I wouldn't talk about what was going on. This rapid heart beat everytime the phone rang, this eagerness to check my email, this ... this... smile that just won't stay off of my face. This is the plauge I am warning you. It is caused by the poison arrow from the cupid guy up there. Yes Indeedy.
There were mass numbers of signs and way to much Karma to deny what is going on. Seeing an X in the sky when wondering about if I should do this. Seeing the writing in the grass when wondering if I should surrender to him and give up my heart. Driving past our local type of business (that he works at in another state) and he calls... Smiling because I got him on my mind and he calls... really big things that link us together on another level.
I decided to give this man my delicate heart. I decided to fall into the deep end of the ocean without a life perserver. I have found the most joyous return. As he has done the same. Together we are moving with the tides and accepting what is going on...
... to be continued
Happy Valentines Day, Doc

This post will be edited later after he post. Please look for the update.

Aight, aight, I will update. I emailed Doc back in December. I was craving the conversation of another adult. I emailed him my cell number and told him I was taking the kids (plus a few) to the movies and I would love to have a text conversation with him.

This was when I found out that I had been back in college long enough to assume that every living and breathing person had a cell phone and was under the strict... gotta communicate... way of life. I was disappointed that I got no text from him and even more shocked when I got home and read my email. "I don't have a cell phone." Do what? Really? WOW. But that sparked a genuine intrest in the man. Really, how can one survive without a cellphone. That and I was worried about him getting through the Holidays (I have read his blog for several months at this point), and I was doing a research paper on something related to the industry he works in. So, I got a tad bit pushy and emailed him back. Did I really expect a response? No. Did I check my email like every 3 hours looking for one? Yes. And that is how it started.

I have no regrets. I have come a long way to get here. I never expected us to go beyond email friends. He has Peggy and I have a history of mess up's. We are both wounded deep in the heart. I swore (and until April, lol, I plan on keeping this promise) that I would never get involved again. Brian and Tony were tragic enough to my frail heart. But everything changed the day I made a post about potential vacation spots.

I put up a list of the where's that I wanted to take the girls for Spring Break. One being not far from where he is. I admit, I planted it. I wanted to take it one step further. I was floored when he voted on Dollywood. Really? Could this be possible? Where were my reservations that I have held so deep in my heart for the last three years... where was my inner protest... what am I doing... and thats when it happened. Signs. Karma.

I surrendered. I booked reservations in Sevierville (Posolxstvo, I am sane enough to know a great spot when I see one, I booked a cabin for the four days, TYVM) and planned on Dollywood. Doc is planning on meeting us there. I can't wait. Everything says this is right and I am giving Doc my trust and my heart and I am giving a higher power "hope" that both Doc and I can Heal and be the greatest love story ever told.


6 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

AWWWWWWW! How sweet and romantic and lovely. I'm so happy for you, Jenny.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hugs,

Renie

2/14/09, 12:34 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

It's not the plague this time. Much, much better than that.

Happy Valentine's Day, sweetness.

2/14/09, 2:50 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Renie- Thanks! I am very excited about this.

Happy Valentines day back!

Doc- No it is not the plague, I think we have found something.

Happy Valentines's Day back, handsome.

2/14/09, 3:31 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Well, I knew that something was up with you from your posts, but I had no idea it was our good doctor! What a fantastic surprise. I wish you both all the best on your new adventures.

2/15/09, 4:07 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Ok Jenn...you spilled the beans and I am sooo very happy and excited for you and Doc! April can't come soon enough!! I can openly say that!! Yippee!
My goodness...

2/16/09, 11:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Fermi - Thanks!

WOW - You are the only one I told. Glad to have you back, I was going to call the house tonight if I didn't hear from you! You've been gone WAY TO LONG

2/17/09, 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.