Saturday, August 02, 2008

one more post

Feeling slightly guilty about not blogging all week. I've been sewing. Hmm, what, who? LOL, yes me, I sew and quite well, I might add. Manny has got a Hannie Montannie (Hannah Montana) nightgown (that I need to fix but can't get her to take off except for her shower and before I think of snatching it for the wash or to fix she has it back on *SIGH*), her friend T has got a dress of white eyelet (the top) and a flowered bottom that looks like wysteria flowers, her friend L and L's little sis K have gotten a "Bug" print dress to match Lulu's party dress, Lulu got a pink cloud and pink sun on light pink night gown, Manny also has a white eyelet jacket (balaro style) almost finished, a white and rainbow eyelet skirt (still need to add the zipper I just need more white thread), a high school musical skirt (cut out just need to change the bobbin to sew that one), oh and lets see there are about five in the making and the fabric and patterns for at least ten more waiting to be made.

And yeeees, in case your wondering, it is really hard to do this with a two year old! She sits on my lap while sewing and I help her guide the fabric in. She thinks she is helping (hopefully no one looks too closely at the crooked lines) and that makes her happy to help. Cutting out the stuff is another story. I do that in a big time hurry when LuLu is napping! I also save the finishing touches for my aunt. Like ruffles! Like zippers and button holes... :)

Back to school for Molly on Friday. It will be her first day as a fourth grader. Yea! She is really growing up, I wish her daddy would do the same!

what else? I am domestically retarded. Yes indeedy. Honest, I try. I clean. I clean alot. Why is my house always wrecked at bedtime? Grrr. OK, so maybe in the real world 8pm is not bedtime, but I feel like crap. My nose is running and my ear aches!

Nighty nite.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hey! I am impressed! I don't hear about your generation sewing much these days! Heck, there's a lot in my gen that doesn't! I LOVE to sew! My Mom used to make all of our girls clothes as kids...she taught me at age 8 & I have been at it since! My 2 Sisters don't.
Maybe your girls will remember the work & love that goes into their clothes as I remember it from my Moms fingers, her heart!

8/9/08, 3:40 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I really didn't think we were from different generations! I really enjoy sewing and maybe I will put some pictures up of her clothes! Thanks. It is really nice your mom did that for you, my mom didn't! She and I did make my prom dress, but that went unworn, she made it two sizes to small and we didn't have the money to buy one so I didn't go to the prom!

8/9/08, 5:55 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

My mom used to make clothes for my sister and me. Grandmother sewed also. She used to make matching square dance costumes for her and my grandfather to wear when they danced. I am glad that Mom taught me how to sew. I don't do it often, but it comes in handy. The last time I sewed, it was to make curtains for the den. I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I made it instead.

8/10/08, 11:50 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

yea, I just made curtins for the dinning room because I couldn't find what I wanted and I found this light olive green Ilet for .75 a yard! I never could have afforded to buy them!

8/10/08, 1:13 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL...Jenny,hope becuz we ARE from a diff. generation (i'm guessing you to be my kids age, since you have small children) I'm still welcome to visit you!! :)
I do enjoy "your generation". The energy, the humor, the dealing with children & life! I have a lot for friends (not in blogworld) that only complain about their aches & pains, their "I can'ts" ...heck, I like to think that I'm not even at the 1/2 way point of my life!

8/15/08, 3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.