Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Daddy came to visit



Amanda's daddy came to visit. This is her and
her father taking in a nice afternoon.

There will be damage control with Amanda over the next few days. There always is.

Also, he called about 8pm and informed me that his sister was taking his mother to the hospital because she was showing signs of congested heart failure. His mother has been suffering from Altizmers disease for about 4 years and this is the first major complication. She does have a DNR so I wonder what they will do to help her.

General question... If she should pass I think the right thing to do is to send flowers from Amanda and a card. Because Brian and I never married I do not feel like we should go up there. Is this proper etiquette?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ken Schmidhuber said...

That depends, how well did you know his mother? If you had a decent relationship, I think it might be best to hand-deliver the card and flowers....just my humble opinion...

11/7/09, 1:04 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

If you were not close I would send a card. when my exs Grandmother died I sent his mother a card and left it at that. Of course I would have gone to the funeral had I even known about it. Whatever you feel comfortable with, without opening up that can of worms.

11/7/09, 7:31 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Mrs H has improved and she will be released from the hospital on Monday to a long term care unit.

11/7/09, 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.