Friday, October 30, 2009

National Cat Day

National Cat Day

Phineas has control of the kids toys.
~The Kids are not aware of this yet but the CATS
are collecting ball's and hiding them in the Laundry room~

I should have posted this before midnight like Cosmic Cat did... but hey I have been busy! I hope to all that is holy that I can finish these costumes. I have to make Mollys skirt bigger, finish Lulu's, finish Doc's, and OH CUT MINE OUT AND SEW IT! YIKES. But, Doc paid all but 30 bucks of a new sewing machine for me today and the repair man comes tomorrow to fix the old NEW one. Fucker didn't work new out of the box... but sat here for two years so it is out of warranty. And to make it worse, it is a SINGER. Pllllbbth.

I am in physical pain from staying up late and hunching over these projects. It has been a long time sense I sat down and sewed to sew. LOL. Mending and hemming just don't count! I do miss sewing on a whole and I think that this winter I will get some patterns and make stuff. Handbags, hats... stuff like that. Maybe a few dresses for Lulu.

I will be getting my yarn and needles at Thanks Giving. So, there will be another fun winter thing. I miss working with yarn. Hope I can remember how!

Company coming in tomorrow so you might not hear from me for a few days. Happy blogging. Oh and LL... pbblbbth

Now we KNOW why Alvin is so much bigger than the other cats!


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Alvin is the Stay Puft Marshkitteh?

My Mom says that Singer sewing machines stopped being good when they started using all of those plastic parts instead of metal.

10/30/09, 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

Alvin is stuffin himself.

Today is mine and Michael's Anniversary. WOOHOO

5 years already.

10/30/09, 10:09 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Fermi - We have long felt that Alvin is growing faster than Shasta, now we know why.
And your mom is right! I have a White sewing machine that was my grandmothers that I have only had to have tuned up once in 10 years. Other than that I have gone thru about five brand new ones sense I moved to Georgia (buy them for the fancy stitch and they are crap after a year)

Kelly - I know! Happy 5 year Anniversary! Woohoo.... now go make babies!!!!

10/30/09, 12:07 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I'm currently on my 4th sewing machine in 37 years! The first one -used -lasted about 4 years but usage was very sporadic due to issues it had with tension. The second was my true love -a Singer Athena 2000, bought new in 1976 and used long and hard for 22 years after that too. Third was another brand new Singer that cost almost as much as had the Athena but without near as many amenities. Broke down after two years of use and I took it to the repair shop and returned home with a 12-year-old Singer almost identical to my beloved Athena and have been using it ever since! (The third machine never came back home as my dear daughter was to pick it up for me since I was broke, didn't have the $45 needed for the repairs but she failed to pick it up as promised so the shop retained it. Probably just as well cause I like the 4th one I got better than I did the 3rd one.) All these units were Singers and I still have my grandmother's old Singer treadle machine too -in storage at my son's house! Needs a new belt but otherwise, would still be usable after having been on the planet for about 110 years!!!

11/1/09, 5:41 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Jenn


I actually found a banana in one of the rooms upstairs. I knew it was missing from the kitchen. One of the kittens drug it up stairs and used it to scratch on. I wish I could have gotten that one on camera.

11/1/09, 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.