Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I did not give up

I wanted to, Honest, I did. I feel like I made a big sacrifice in my education for my cousin's grandkids. Was the sacrifice worth it? This is yet to be seen. I briefly thought about dropping my classes, especially my statistics class, but I thought about it hard yesterday and evaluated all my classes and where I stand in them and how much I think I can pull out of my rumpis to get "the grade". And I thought about something an English professor here at East Georgia had said to me a few semesters ago. Mr T, "It might seem impossible now to balance it all, but your smart and I would recommend you don't give up." And I decided to stick it out. And this semester I have decided once again, I am going to stick it out.

I did not plan to go back to college at age 35 (last year). Life just didn't work out as it was planned and I decided that if I furthered my education then I could get a higher paying career (here in the South) and be able to support myself and kids without a man. Well, really, that is what it comes down to. Having to be independent and the strive for thus. And yes, we are living at or below the poverty line so that I can get my education. What a vicious cycle!

My next post will be where I tagged myself to do the fifteen years in ten bullets! You can see an example of that at the link on the side to "Where the HELL are my penguins?", and yes that is where I tagged myself! J

3 Comments:

Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

I'm GLAD to hear you didn't give up!
Heck...it's never too late to start a fresh! 35? that's still young Girl!!
I told my Hubby, this Cowboy stuff just keeps us in the "red" (with NO help from the gas prices!) Maybe we should move closer to a Wal-Mart..he could become a 'greeter'! Hee Hee!

7/1/08, 6:03 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Don't give up! You are doing the right thing (and you like math now, dammit). :-)

7/1/08, 8:31 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Never give up. Never surrender!

10 pts if you can name who said it first. ;)

7/4/08, 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.