Friday, June 17, 2005

One more trip around the moon

Ever feel like that? That everything you do is a trip around the moon? I do. Honest. That is how this last week has been. Or perhaps it is just because I am displaced through in and out the house and I have no personal space.

So, the finishing of my room or the addition (however you want to look at it) is going very well. One problem. I need a man. Really. Honest. I am not strong enough to hold the big sander against the ceiling and sand that. It just kinda swoops me off of the ladder. *SIGH* If I were stronger I could hold enough force against the ceiling to get it in one or two swipes but no, it is taking me 5 or 6. That and having to work at night when bodily I am already fatigued.

Here is the kick in the pants. Mad scramble to clean the rest of the house. Eva called and announced she is comming for fathers day weekend. So, it has been... clean construction dust off of everthing inside the house and baby proof and put away certain items. Can life get any better then this? YES I AM COMPLAINING. We don't have company in years and when the house is at its absolute worse, poof... here comes trouble.

The funny thing about her comming to visit is the iminent jealousy my daughter is fronting. She don't want to share "pop-pop" with eva's children. And molly has gone from (first finding out) very clingy to (yesterday) very indifferent... you don't have to love me anymroe to (today) I am nervouse. I love you pop-pop you know that. It is intresting how a child reacts when they feel like they are emotionally threatened? Am I saying that correctly? I keep telling her she is jealous and she tells me no.
So, I put the popper in the oven with this... "You are aware that pop pop is not the only person you have to share?"
molly "Come again?"
me "you have to share me and grandma, your toys and the pets, also"
molly (fretting) "You think"
me (stern) "no, i know"
molly (smiling) "Fine we are all going on vacation"
me "What!"
molly (matter of factly) "Well, you see. If we gone when they r here then i dont have to share"
etc so on and forth

And I am waiting on a phone call. That is the hardest thing to do. Well it is hard for me. Anyway. C'mon man, call me. LOL. Lucky he don't know my politic's about waiting. *SIGH* and no, its not what you think. It is not a b/f or anythng like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Men suck. No, we do. Honest. ;P

6/17/05, 8:05 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Preching to the choir, Owl... ;)

6/20/05, 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.