Sunday, June 05, 2005

A good reason to use excessive O2

I actually used the O2 Gas about 20 years ago when I broke my own nose! And people wonder why I stopped running!

I am a TREE HUGGER. Or Slider. However you want to look at it. I used to run. Run. I was "off the beaten" trail or more like a country road with sparsely located street lamps. I was annoyed. So, I was about to mile 9 or so and I saw a stick in the road and just leapt over it in stride. Mid stride... It moved. The kind of movement you see out of the corner of your eye.
Yea well, I focused on that movement and tripped myself, upon impact with the street I did this chin/bust /palm/abs/ thigh/knee/shin glide.. bounce.. roll.. and ended up face first in an old Oak tree.

Now, Scared, hurt, BLEEDING... I look wildly around and realize the "Stick" that I THOUGHT was a snake ... was actually the reflection of the electric wire going to the light post...

So, there you have it. I BROKE my own NOSE over a shadow and an overactive imagination! I was scabbed from chin to shin (pun intended) for over a month. Everyone kept asking me if I was in a motercycle accident :roll:

But the Oxygen was a good thing. I used quite a bit of is as I gasped in pain and admitidly cried the long limp home. And it was like ... hysterical crying. I laugh at myself now. I was crying more because I was annoyed with a prior incident then because I was hurt. Crying over the physical pain came later. When I saw it and sat there with the Iodine bottle.. all right I'm stealing my post here and blogging it! As posted at the Askew Message Boards...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

I'm commenting here on the comment you left on my blog....Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper....I haven't really gotten into it....Dr Pepper always seemed to have a cherryish flavor to me anyway...the vanilla is a good addition....I'll work at getting more into it.

Too bad I can't send you soda via the internet.....maybe in 2025.....

6/5/05, 10:45 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lmao... yea that would be nice. the stores round here get it in on Mondays and it is sold out by thrusday... so if you don't buy a bunch of it your going without! Thanks for stopping by.

6/6/05, 1:58 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Ouch - that hurt!
fyi - I'm merging Fox into Cali's blog should you care, i don't have mind space for four blogs.
yeah, kat has cool blogs.

6/6/05, 2:48 AM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

O2 is a phone company. Hmm.

Anyway, running is clearly bad for the health, so I'll continue to lay right off it.

6/6/05, 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.