Saturday, May 28, 2005

no apparant reason

I've got something to say today and no way to say it. Well, no nice way to say it. We live pretty far out in the country. I always just took it for granted that there was none of the "Keeping up with the Jones" sort of thing going on. We've had a pool every year we have lived here and every year we've invited the two other homes in the neighborhood that have children, to feel free to come and use it. Not once has anyone taken us up on that Idea.

The Menonites (whom really, it is against their religion) are the biggest fakes and frauds on our little country lane. They have five children, perhaps more by now. I've been very nice to Laura only to find out she BAD mouths my family and I behind our backs. Cunt. I've let her kids ride my horses, made a point when riding to stop so her oldest girl can pet the horse (EM loves horses) and gone insofar as to saddle up when unexpected visits came our way and lead strange kids around the round pen. All at the cost of being a good neighbor. Well she got a pool this year. I have to stop and wonder why. She told me the reason her children were not allowed to use our pool was because of the issue with bathing suits and the girls. Well how are they going to swim in their own pool?

To top that off, my daughter is not allowed to socialize with her children because I'm not Christian enough. Well, you got me there. I was raised Irish Catholic. I think that is pretty GODDLY of me. So, her husband comes by today (the same husband that remodeled her kitchen and bathroom, put two additions on the house and a deck) to borrow a pipe wrench. Hmmm. I never knew of a Man that didn't have a pipe wrench (AKA MONKEY WRENCH). So, we look for any number of ours. Mind you we have a tool shed and an addition with tools in it, also another home with tools in it. About 45 minutes later we find ours. *sigh*

The other neighbor with kids I dislike. She is worse then any fair weather friend you could have. She also bought a pool this year. Her excuse for not letting her kids come swim was that they don't know how to swim and nor does she. So, explain to me please. Someone. Why would you put a pool in your yard if no one in the home can swim? Why not take them to the neighbors house (who can swim) and let them be SAFELY supervised? I guess I don't really dislike the woman. I just don't understand her. She comes over late at night because one of the boys cut himself and she didnt have bandaids or peroxide. A house with two boys and no FIRST AID kit?

I am gonna edit this and add some to it in a minute. Have to go outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.