Thursday, May 26, 2005

Kiddy Leashes thanks TRINAMICK

http://trinamick.blogspot.com/, first that is the blog addy for TM.

Second I want to comment on that longer then I previously posted at her blog. I humbled myself to go on a vacation with my ex for molly's sake. Ha. We went to the renaissance Fest in NC, went to a nascar race in NC,, and also toured Hershey Pa, there were other stops along the way, but those were the key issues where my child was RESTRAINED. At the race we tied a scarf to my daughter wrist and mine. That worked great. Gave her "roaming" room and gave me the piece of mind of NOT having to be one of the parents that were screaming and yelling at their kids to stay close. At the Fest I spied the dog's harness and leash under one of the seats in my van. I figured that would give her more room to roam and leave her hands free to pick up stuff like ABC gum and other things kids love to stick in their mouths. A few adjustments to the harness and PRESTO. I turned her loose. My child did not get lost (they had a few locations on the 6 acre fest for lost children to go or be turned into and all of them were just STACKED with crying kids) she did not get stolen, she did not cry, she wasn't yelled and screamed at; in fact she had a BLAST, she socialized with strangers, had her face painted, tried a deep fried turkey leg from a stranger, ate, drank, touched played etc so on and forth. She loved her independence so, when it was time to go, she lead the way back up the long hill to the car. She walked with her eyes closed! It was hysterical. Her father attempted to pick her up a few times and carry her, this did result in crying... No no let me walk. LOL. We did and about to the gate she asked me to carry her. Of course I carried her, two parking lots over to the van (Jane Fonda I got your work out beat!) ,

But then to touch base back with a note from NYPINTA. That was the last time a stranger touched Molly in public. I think being patted on the head started this wired thing she still does to this day. A stranger can look at her and speak to her from a distance. BUT. If they get to close to her she will start to scream (at the TOP of her LUNGS) "GET AWAY FROM ME< DON"T TOUCH ME< LEAVE ME ALONE) and I get a lot of slack from that from strangers, like, arn't you gonna discipline her? no, i'd rather you didnt touch her either. But who am I , just a mom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Kids, huh? Who'd have 'em? I am such a freak when it comes to getting worried about the kids, but S. is really sort of laissez faire. So, I panic, suffer anxiety paroxysms and get blinded by visions of disaster while S. and the kids kick back and kind of have a good time. It really pisses me off, the inconsiderate sods.

5/26/05, 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.