Friday, June 03, 2005

Rain Rain GO AWAY!

It has now rained here for the 4th day straight. We can get absolutly nothing done. The ground is so saturated the fields are mini rivers that are drowning the ponds that have banks already overflowing. GRRRR. Horses are sticking to the high ground ( up here by the house).

We started to put new gates at the end of the driveway. This means, getting the auger set up, dragging new railroad ties and gates out. Also rigging so we can use the drill. All set up and one old gate down and the downpour starts. GRRR. So, here is your chance... come visit, the hot wire is down and there is one functioning gate at the end of the driveway.

Getting ready to rain again. We are suppose to have a brief (few hr) reprive from the storms then they are to start up again around six pm. 90' with .. get this... 150% humidity for sat and sun. Will someone explain to me PLEASE how you can get 150% humidity when at 100% humidity is the breaking point before it rains? That is what the local "VIPER" weather center is saying. AHHH GEEE CRAMBA!

Horses. Freckles don't like to get wet. He hates it. He hates even more getting his feet wet (the hoove is all healed up now, for whoever wants to know.) So, Freckles has spent the last week in the high ground of the roundpen. No grass to wet his feet just mud. MAKES SENSE TO ME! I let them out of the pastures yesterday to work on mowing the lawn for us. THEY really are wonderful mowers. :) They did the backyard before the downpour and they were forced to run for the barn. I had to laugh. They ran for the barn via the backyard and couldnt get in so they had to be led from the backyard to the round pen (where their access is to the barn). And they were thinking.... a new barn door would magically appear because they ran to the wrong side?

View my photobucket link. Put two pics in I took of the freaking looking clouds from yesterday. Tri-tone grey storm clouds. go figure.

5 Comments:

Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Is anyone around you building a big boat or anything? Just wondering... :)

"Horses are sticking to the high ground ( up here by the house)."

Man I'm an idiot. I got this image of you going out of the house to find yourself surrounded by hundreds of horses stuck in the ground... But I don't think that's what you meant! LOL

Hope you survive the saturation!

6/3/05, 6:30 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

LMAO. 3 horses, not a hundred, though i'd like that many... well until I had to take care of them.

But "stuck to the ground" that's good and one great way I could break mr freckles.... lmao...

6/3/05, 8:23 PM  
Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

Wow. That is a cool post. I've heard of over 100% humidity but never thought about it like that. I hope the horses do well. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

6/3/05, 9:47 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

I hesitate to talk too much about the weather, being in San Diego and all - hope its not really 90 and 150% - thats unbearable.
I had the same image of the horses "sticking" in the ground as spirit - must be a brit thing!
Great to see CC stopping by!

6/3/05, 11:34 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I wonder if I can get the "BEASTS" to stand still long enough to bury their feet in the mud and take a picture! I know not MR Freckles... lmao... or shall I say mr pansy... whom is in the barn defending the last dry spot in Georgia as we speak...

Thanks CC for stopping by my blog also.

Cali- I will be more then happy to send our weather your way :)

6/4/05, 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.