Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Peoduct Review

Product Review:
Product: John Frieda radiant red color last conditioner
by line: "For deeper, richer shades of red hair"

My history: living in the Deep South, it is really hard not to be blonde. The sun reeks havoc on your lovely mane. I being a natural red head and having sever prejudices against blondes, really hate to see summer come. I will get almost toe head blonde if I don’t head it off before it starts. I have learned that if you want to stay red in the summer in Georgia, you dye your hair "Mahogany" brown. Thus as you see in my last picture (2 days after dye) your hair turns red. Or maybe it is just the red headed curse and once a red head the red pigment is always there so no matter what color you actually dye your hair you are going to get a red tone.

Having said that: Went shopping the other day and purchased above stated product. O.K., purchased it out of sheer protest. I saw the commercials on television about other color products, blondes and brunettes but no, not red heads. Nothing like feeling like a red headed step child by a major distributor, I tell ya. And when you are looking for your normal product on the shampoo row, it is kinda hard not to miss the bright red container that has RED in big bold white letters. I stood there a moment shocked. I picked up the $5.34 (8.45 oz )bottle of conditioner and read the label. I set it back on the shelf. Momentarily I was pissed. I picked up my normal product and put it in the cart. Walked around the store and picked up the other few things we needed and then went back to the shampoo isle. What bothered me is that they didn’t bother to advertise for red heads. And you would think they would advertise to the elite group of red heads, us being so damn different. The long and short, I bought the product.

Here is what happened: My hair feels great. As far as conditioner goes, this is the best feeling stuff I ever had on my hair. It smells ok. Borderline like dye. OH... thought I got my period in the shower, after I rinsed it , I looked at the run off water and it was blood red and I kinda panicked then realized it smelled like dye and must be rinse off from the conditioner. So, now anxious I jump out of the shower and blow dry my hair to see if it changed color. Well it did. It went from a nice shade of red (below picture) to .. um... is Sun burst a shade? It is kinda gold and yellow with red highlights. um... like the leaves in the fall in the Hudson Valley. I am glad I got the product for the darker red heads, if I got the product for the lighter red head’s I’d be blonde. Laughing here. But it does make my hair shine ohhh so nicely and it really feels great. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.