Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Parental right of passage

I never said I was nice. I never said I was a great mom. Today. Well. Today I proved that you can be mean to your kids. While running errands I spied a package of "bombers". For those of you who don't know what "bombers" are... Laughing here... they are the small balloon's that you hook up the water faucet and then fill with water. $1.49 for 200 of the little buggers. (BIG GRIN). My daughter never saw it comming. We got home about 6 hours after we'd orginally left the house. Did I mention my daughter is a natural blonde ... and tried and true on the whole blonde joke thing. Ok. So we are hot. It is now muggy becasue the storms that have been comming in all day have avoided us. GRRR. Well, Molly, is such a good girl. She makes herself busy putting stuff away. I... the bad parent... sneak outside and start filling water balloon's. (BIG GRIN - c'mon ya'll can smile... you know what's comming). I get about ten of the suckers loaded. I perch about 20 feet from the back door and start to scream like crazy. Molly... (and g'ma and g'pa) come running. Molly gets ... say about five feet out the door and I toss a water balloon at her. "Catch" I yell. She tries like heck to catch it. For one percarious second the balloon is in her hand and "SPLUNK SPLASH KABBBBOOOM" She blinks. Then yell's, "OK mom, You got to throw another one, that one broke."

Now, didn't we like all yell and scream and shit when we got pelted with water balloon's? Never ONCE do I remember asking for more. So I toss the water balloon's at her and it ends up being a family event. The dog tries to catch them, one got away and rolled across the grass and the cat pounced on it (THAT WAS FUNNY)... So... I have now completed my Parental right of passage and being the first to get my boo with a "Bomber"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.