Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Diarrhea of the mind

This is a MeMeMeMe. Or ten things you didn't know about me. Or the scrap pile of the brain.

  1. I like soft pillows and a lot of them. I need a lot of them because I like my pillow to be cold. I will turn it over and over in my sleep and if it is not cool enough I reach for another. I have to buy 400 count thread pillow cases (or higher) to get that feeling. I also like feather pillows.
  2. I like my bed soft and not squeaky. Use your imagination on that. I recently (within the last year) bought a memory foam mattress and I often wonder things like, "If you have sex on a memory foam mattress, does it get Alzheimer's disease?" or "Is it possible to get bed bugs (other than Lucy) in a memory foam mattress?"
  3. I can't spell. I rely on the dictionary, spell check, or phonics. I used to be good at it before spell check but alas… you all probably figured that one out already!
  4. I am not the world's best parent but I try to be a great parent and I think that makes me a pretty darn good example of a decent one. I am also guilty of over compensating my children for their being fatherless and living in the country. Some would dare say I spoil them, but I feel like I give them what they need to survive.
  5. I can't stand seeing people or animals in distress. Not even on the Hallmark commercials. I have this policy, you cry; I cry. I don't like to cry. So, don't get into distress and don't make me watch Hallmark commercials; my mascara will run.
  6. I can be your best friend or your worst enemy, you decide.
  7. I had the toenail on my big toe on my right foot removed.
  8. I don't do well with people and children that whine. I do worse with women who cry. I am not insensitive; it just irritates me.
  9. I lack common sense. I am smart. I can figure out some really complicated things! But sometimes the plain and simple and obvious truth can be sitting right in front of me and I will miss it.
  10. I'm scared of stupid things. Not scared to the point of being mental health or handicapped by it but defiantly not a normal fear of things beyond my control. Like the Down syndrome thing. I fear that I look like I have Down syndrome without make up on. I know that this is because my eyelashes are blonde and I have the rounded chin but… I also will rarely leave the house without at least mascara on.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hey Jennster,

Interesting memememe. I have 5 soft pillows on my bed, but not for the same reason, although I like a cold pillow in the summer!

I don't like whiners either. Everyone has problems, some just whine about it more than others. LOL.

I can tell you're a pretty great Mama, and quite a lovely young woman as well. That's from seeing a picture of you, of course.

Anyhow, I enjoyed your meme.

Have a great evening!

Hugs,

Renie

1/6/09, 7:39 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks Renie! Cold pillows in the summer are the bomb!

As for the name, I was trying to get my profile pic to change and I changed my name to see if that worked, it did but the picture is still stuck. Grrranamo!

1/6/09, 10:44 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hmmmm, memory mattress? I can conjur up some thoughts on that...ewwww..forget it!
Pillow..I have one OLD one that is so squishy it's not really classified as a pillow any more..but cold? Is that cuz of the memory mattress...needing a cold one? *wink..
You're an awesome Mom! I read it in your words every day!!!
Ok, the toenail...did you get a hold of my knives??
And a huge Uh-oh...to your common sense evaluation...you'd better get ye butt up here so I can teach you...as that was on my list, and I cut it out.
Over all? You are welcomed into my 'family' because you are a remarkable Lady!
Luv ya and Hugs~
Barb

1/6/09, 11:56 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

I have a feeling your profile pic is going to be difficult to remove.

From what I know so far, you're doing a great job of being a mom. Being a single parent has to be hard, and then you're going to school on top of that. I know that everything you do is as much for them as it is for you.

Your idiosyncratic spelling habits help to give your blog its character.

We'll discuss soft pillows and squeaking beds elsewhere...

1/7/09, 4:11 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

WOW - I am honest about the common sense thing. Like ok... take cleaning, I will publish a post on that tomorrow. Hee Hee... Just look for domistic retard! You will find a pic of me.
-The cold pillow thing goes back as far as I can remember, like little kid thing, always had to have a cold pillow. My mom used to put frozed pea's (in a bag) in my pillow case to apease me
-toenail - heradiaty condition called a pincher nail, the toenail curls in from the edges to the center, can be managed but you get a lot of ingrown toe nails and LOL... I have a high pain tolerance but not when it comes to my toes!
-Thanks for your Kind words WOW... it means a lot to me!

Doc- I deleted the profile pic from the computer that I posted it with and deleted the cookies. I also ran a virus scan on the computer (old laptop) before bootup to make sure it was not hanging up on my end. Grrr.
-If we're gonna talk smack, got a tin roof and a rain storm? HeE HEEheee
-Being a single parent has it's drawbacks but if I were given the choice, I'd do it all over again. there are more rewards then not but as well as WOW- Thanks for your support and kind words, they mean a lot!

1/7/09, 10:36 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I like smooshy feather pillows and I turn and rotate them to find a cool spot. When I have a headache, I put an ice cold gel pack between my head and the pillow. Relief!

Did the toenail grow back, or is that a forever thing?

I will go out without eye makeup on the weekends to run errands, but it always makes me feel self-consciously dowdy.

1/8/09, 6:13 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Fermi - Gelpack that's clever.
-Toenail is suppose to be forever but it grows back in places or starts a ridge like it is going to grow back. He killed the nail bed, so that is not SUPPOSE to happen, and he has re-killed it twice. He said the last time it might just be nail working it's way out

1/8/09, 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.