Wednesday, June 17, 2009

All things considered

Song of the day: "Frayed ends of Sanity" Metallica

Quote of the day: "I didn't ask for your help. I know how to hammer, paint, and cuss... I think I can do this myself!" Me to Eric about remodeling the kitchen.

The kitchen came up as a topic of conversation a few weeks ago. I did not bring up the topic (of the black cabnets with the silver interfacing) but it was brought up and Doc had made the comment that he didn't care if I did something else with them and this has led to conversations about the doors on more than one occasion. His beef with re-doing the kitchen cabnets is that they have been done 4 times in three years. My beef with re-doing them is that... well... they are not ... um... what I'd like to see on a regular basis.

Unfortunatly (and a lecture later) the cabnets came up at bible study. Now, I am not one to really care much about the opinions of others, but I am being told that I did speak out of line at church. Some ladies and I were talking about paint in general. I said I couldnt' wait to start stripping the kitchen cabnets. Doc heard this and made the comment that they'd been done 4 times. I looked right at him and informed him that I didn't recall asking for his help on this. And this sparked a small debate on the topic (whereas I made the above remark). What I didn't take into consideration (and 1 lecture later) was the fact that the Preacher was present and where the person I was talking to found the humor in it, the Preacher did not and neither did Doc.

Apologies.

Lu-Lu's birthday is on Sunday and she will turn three. I won't be there (planned that we will have a b-day party for her when she is back with us) and Doc and I went shopping tonight to get her a few b-day things to send down to Georgia for the party with grandma and pop-pa. I have mixed feelings about not being there.

It is not easy being away from the girls. I have not told them about the kitties and I bet they will be genuinely surprised. It was really hard not to tell them when I spoke to them on the phone yesterday too.

Thalia has made a mess around her cage while we were out today. The kittens made a mess in general. LOL. We have a pile of clothes on the bedroom floor. I have the contents of one room complete in the living room walkway. I am tired of chaos! It (believe it or not) don't fill the gap of the kids not being here!

2 Comments:

Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Ecclesiastes 3:1: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..."

6/17/09, 10:44 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Now, you know that I don't own a bible, so is that passage telling me that I am going to hell for speaking tongue in cheek?

Something to consider, growing up in the Catholic church, there is not a lot of opportunity to be in a social activity with the Priest. SO, in my defense I will say this; I think my actions can be excused. I am not exactly in practice of watching my mouth around church elders because I am not used to being around them.

Pbblbbth.

6/19/09, 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.