Sunday, November 02, 2008

'Tis the season

Ok I have held off posting about The big Christmas as long as possible for me! Let me start with a few days to remember:

Molly's b-day is December 17th
My sissy and I celebrate our aging on December 23rd (ain't that a crock of poop?)
Christmas Eve - December 24
The big day - December 25
Uncle Craigs B-day - December 27th

OK, having said that you get the idea that I get Jipped a lot on my b-day, always have and ... well I guess I always will. With the exception of NYPINTA she always used to make a point to get me something for each and NOT WRAP MY B-DAY PRESENT IN CHRISTMAS PAPER.

I broke down and bought the Dr. Elmo Christmas CD so that I could entertain LULU wiht "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" and I figured the entire CD would be slap stick funny songs. How wrong was I? Waaahy wrong. There is a song called, "Your the reason they invented mistletoe" omg it is so sweet, and then there is another song, "Christmas all year long" and in this one he is talking about the love of his life and how he is gonna hide her from santa... oooohhh too sweet. Go buy the CD, if your sentimental like me then you will be all mushy over it.

And that is really unlike me to go patching out about the non-traditional Christmas songs. I am a ... Bing Crosby... white christmas... sorta Christmas song gal. I like the old boys and I like the orginal songs unscathed. But in the 80's I did vary a little by tuning into Jon Jett and the Blackheart's rendition of "Little Drummer Boy" (Little Drummer Boy untouched is my favorite christmas song, a little Jenny Trivia if you ever need it). Other then that one questionable deviation from Classic Christmas Music, lol, I am an old time gal.

My goal today was to clean out my closet. However, I went to make the kids panacakes and realized we had a bulweival invasion. My aunt and I spent the majority of the day cleaning out the kitchen cubbords and throwing stuff away. I was suprised to find expired stuff in there. *SIGH* fat girl had to part with food. Man that sucked. LOL. 4 garbage bags of stuff came out of the Cubbards and fridge (why not Sue said she would clean out the fridge also).

I was traumatized by the event as my fat ass was the one going up and down the step ladder. While I was up the ladder I cleaned the walls and the outside of the cubbard doors (and the inside of them and the hinges and the bottoms of the cubbards). SIGH. But the upside was looking for places to decorate and talking about what decorations we will put out (I threw away the big entertainment center so we lost a lot of shelf space for the villages) and how we are going to do this.

I say we but really I do most of the decorating because I am the only one physically able to get up and down the ladder but the villages are Sue's. I buy her a new piece every year or Harry does. And there is the infamous Christmas Tree story (I will tell you later). I did however make one request and that is I get the Christmas stuff in their will if something ever happens to them. OK. tacky, maybe but I have bought an awful lot of that stuff and I will use it. But then and again Sue has four daughters and Harry has two daughters and I guess that it is not my place to ask for hand outs. SIGH. But both of them are in relatively good health and I don't really look forward to having to dibby up anything any time soon.

We are watching the second Christmas movie of the year Jack Frost (we watched the polar express a few nights ago).

I am off to get a piece of Pecean pie and visit some blogs on my blog roll.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

OOhhhh Yuk! bullweivals? We had them in AZ and brought some home with us...tossed alot of stuff!
Now, Christmas Jenn?? That's almost 2 months away!! But I do know what you mean, my Mom's b-day is Dec 23 too, always felt 'cheated' and threatened to change her day to June 23...never did and always wonder WHY NOT??!!
I am an old fashioned Christmas music person too...Bing Crosby, Andy Williams...

11/2/08, 8:34 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

we tossed 4 black (lawn and leaf) garbage bags full of stuff. Grrr. Mostly flour based products like bisquick, flour, sugar, rice,the stuff you can store as long as it is sealed well or your able to stick it in the frezer. Our big freezer went out two years ago so we have to store stuff in the cabnets.

It takes me at least two months to get all the decorations done. Sometimes longer. If I don't start now... LOL. You will be able to see, I will put pic's up as I go along. It is a work out.

11/3/08, 9:20 AM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Yuck on the bugs!

That's a lot of December birthdays,Jenny. Mine is around Thanksgiving, and my daughter and family will be here for a week during that time. Including my 18 year old granddaughter, who gets a break from college. I can't wait!

I love all the old songs sung by the crooners as well. But then, I'm old. What's your exuse? LOL.

Fun post, but I'm so not ready for Christmas yet.

Hugs,

Renie

11/3/08, 6:07 PM  
Blogger The CDM said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/3/08, 10:15 PM  
Blogger The CDM said...

OOPS, wrong link posted.

Free coffee at Starbucks when you vote tomorrow:

http://www.starbucks.com/sharedplanet/news.aspx

11/3/08, 10:19 PM  
Blogger Michael C said...

This was a great post because:
1. My B-day is December 24th
and
2. The Sinatra, Crosby crooners are my favorite Christmas music.

11/5/08, 10:05 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

CDM- well we are about the only place that don't have a starbucks! I did try to convince the grocery store MGR to give me a bag of the French Roast by Starbucks but... ummm. welll he said no.

MC- Wooohooo! How many years young will you be? I will be 37 and my bitchy sissy will be 31.

I remember one year Chris was all bent out of shape about our b-day and I took her out to look at the decorations on the houses in Kingston, NY and she was like... what are we doing, and I said,.. just looking and we went all around and then I said, "See Chris we are fortunate to have our b-day on the 23rd of Dec, how many other people get to say that a great majority of ppl decorate for their b-day"

And it is true. My fav deco on peeps homes is the lights! I just love the twinkle. esp in NY where they refract off of the snow.

11/6/08, 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.