Thursday, June 19, 2008

Oh My Feet...

Plums. Yes. Plums. Our plum tree decided to bear fruit this year. Nice fat little plums. Juicy, sweet, redish purple.... did I mention juicy? Well. The girls and I decided (after bath time) to go into the front yard and pick plum. I (being the tallest at 5'4; just 4" taller then Molly) would stand on tip toe and reach the branches and pull them down for the girls to pick the fruit. This was all good fun until LuLu decided it was more fun to stomp on the fruit that was on the ground. Now, we don't pick the fruit off of the ground! But... well... Lulu saw too it that we all had to stand and be hosed down!

After I washed everyones legs and feet down we came inside. I washed the fruit and put it in 3 walmart bags to take to the day care (we've already had our share and just couldn't eat anymore) but the wild boheims at the day care can! I put the cargo in the car to be ready for tomorrow and look down. There is a purple streak down my right foot. I slide my foot out of my sandel and look at it.

Mind you... I've already taken a shower! I've already washed my feet in the backyard! My feet are sticky and plum red juicy splatters and say nothing about the sweat ring where my sandel was. DID I forget to wash my feet>? I ask Molly and she laughs. No. I washed mine first! How in the Hell did they get so funky in less then ten minutes?

I then ushered the girls into the bathroom and stand them in the tub. I scrub their feet with soap and water (mine too). Ok. MY FEET STILL HAVE RED SPLATTER STAINS ON THEM. (the sweat line is gone, but the plum juice is staying strong.)

Any ideas... anyone? Let it wear off? I just took a green scrubbie and diluted bleach ... and that didn't work. My feet are a nice bright pink (the scrubbing i reckon) and smell like a pool now! But stilll... plum splatter streaks all over! Oh me!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

If you think plum stains are bad...better stay away from beets! And you have plums ALREADY? I'm envious! Luv, luv plum jam!
Love your site & your writings! Will check back and see how your Stat's are doing!

6/20/08, 12:28 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

TY, TY, TY for stopping by!
We have blue berries too. We are gonna pick them this weekend. ;)

6/20/08, 6:04 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I too was marveling at you having fruit already. Mine won't be ready until October at the earliest.

I guess living in an armpit does has some advantages.

Just remember... plums, for the most part, are just hydrated prunes.

6/20/08, 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.