Sunday, August 07, 2005

Back to School WOOOHOOO

School started on Aug 2. Yea. I loved watching the betime hour deminish. Well, thats what I got out of the first week of school. LOL. Bedtime went from 10-11pm to 8pm in 4 days. (BIG GRIN) OMG I got MOMMY TIME. Who wants a phone call? OR an email? lmfao.

But I went in it with the right attitude this year. (first grade we got kicked out of kindergarten remember?) I spoke to her teacher on open house and said verbatim "For what I pay in school taxes you will teach my daughter on her level. You will not allow my six year old to manipulate you or snowblow you or drive you crazy with pointless questions. She writes sentences. She makes up her own stories. She obviously knows all her letters and can write them (as well as count to 100) well higher but for the sake of it I said 100. We went around the room. I said Molly knows her months, Molly tell me all the months in the year. She did. I said she knows the days of the week and how to keep track via a calander. Molly told us the date and then reviewed the days of the week. Coins. etc. Time we have not worked on. The teacher said at least she had something left to teach my daughter and laughed. I told the teacher about last year and all the headaches the kindergarten teacher gave me and my youngin. The teacher (miss Jodi) promised me she would try to be smarted then my daughter. I then told her about the Autistic label. She was shocked.

1 week no incidents other then the school wants the kids to eat breakfast and luch at school. Molly is a pretty picky eater and is fussing about this and taking her own luch to spite the rule. Which is allowed. They can bring lunch but are ridiculed for it.

Molly is driving me steadily nuts with Kenny Chesney. Loves his music. Wants him to come visit her. Right now is watching the special on CMT about him and his songs. *sigh* First crushes.

Shhhh. Here is a secret. Grace stop laughing. My first Crush was Rod Stewart "..and cha think I'm sexy... c'mon baby let me know" I was about Molly's age when that came out and I sang that and many many other Rod songs. But we won't tell anyone that little secret now will we? Oh shit, I just blogged it. LMAO at me.

So is Kenny Chesney my punishment for putting my mother through the Rod Stewart craze?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Would you rather she was obsessed with Marilyn Manson? Consider yourself lucky!

I'm so happy that you're back in Blogland!!

8/7/05, 2:25 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Rod Stewart? Wow. I had totally forgot about that.
I can't remember my first crush. Is that sad?

8/9/05, 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.