Saturday, April 30, 2005

Jersey Girl stuff and askew site stuff

Truth, dare, promise,or repeat. Laughing here. Today I got my long awaited treasure. Jersey Girl, Written and directed By Kevin Smith. Also in the BOX was my copy of his book "Silent Bob Speaks" (also signed) which has now gone to it’s third printing (GREAT JOB KEVIN). Included in the box was an extra copy of the book and an invoice for another customer.

Very briefly I thought I’d just send the extra copy to NYPINTA. Then I saw the invoice and did the right thing, I contacted the company both by email and via a voice mail message; thus informing them of their error. After all I waited what seemed like ages to get my copy (2 weeks... not long but it is when YOU REALLY want something) and I felt bad for the other customer. So, PINTA, lmfao, your gonna have to try to catch yourself a copy of this book in the 3rd printing, I reckon.

And your going to have to wait because of the ramification’s of a screw up might have on this third party. After all she did order off of the first printing and might be one of them nut job’s that go ape-fucking-shit if she were to get the 3rd release and make a major fucking media issue about it.

So, Kevin, I am sparing you the potential shit slinging. Arnt’ I just a nice and honest and sweet person. Ya, got you fooled. But I did do the right thing. ANYWAY.

I did do something completely in character for me. I compared the sig’s on the DVD and the two books and not one look’s remotely like the other, so I would thus be lead to believe that perhaps Kevin doesn’t do all his signing. *SIGH*. Darn.

Let me tell you why the movie Jersey Girl is so darn special. I don’t get out to the movies. We do subscribe to STARZ via our satellite service, and I have caught a few part’s of the movie. I think I’ve seen the whole thing, I’m not sure. I have tried to catch it from start to finish but something always comes up or it is not playing when I get the chance to watch it. Horses and a child seem to interfere with stuff like that. But what I’ve seen, I am captivated by the movie. It’s like a wake up call. A slap in the face. Mr Smith say’s something like "it is a movie about relationships with fathers" and perhaps that is why I am so drawn to the movie, never having had a father and now raising a child without a father present. I am interested. It has my attention. It caught me off guard.

I have looked in all the places within a 50 mile radius of here and have not once been able to find the book. I ordered the DVD from a major retailer online and the order went thru, got the confirmation and the next day the cancelation due to a large back order. I then ordered the DVD through a MAJOR book chain online, twice, and the same thing happened (obviously both times or I wouldn’t be bitching.). I then called the book retailer’s online support and asked them what the fuck was going on. They said the DVD was in stock in their warehouse and did not know what happened to the two orders. SO, I order it through them; right there on the phone and the next day got a cancelation notification.

This sent me on a man hunt. Kevin Smith. Damn it man, your going to send me a copy of this damn movie because for some damn reason I can’t get the f**king thing in this part of Georgia. I really did not see anything in it that would make it fall under the f**ked Bible belt rules and regulations.

What I found instead was a really fucking awesome web page. Which hell bent to get a copy of this movie, I paid the $2 and joined his message boards. Only to be Bedazzled. Ok, so I did order the book before the movie. BUT, I did that because I was so IMPRESSED with his post’s and the devoted post’s of the people that "chat" at www.viewaskew.com .

So, now I’ve got my stuff from the askew online stash. I’m happy. I’m even happier knowing I’m honest enough to have informed the site of the mistake and I am getting ready to watch my MOVIE from start to finish UNINTERRUPTED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.