Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good Morning

Quote of the day: "Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main courses of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom." Bertrand Russell (1872-1970) from his Unpopular Essays (1950), "Outlines of Intellectual Rubbish".

Song of the day: "My My, Hey Hey" Neil Young, (live with Crazy Horse) Live Rust album

Today's post I will get up later or at some date in the future. LOL. Ain't I just a brat? I had a really great class last night and no it is not Social Psych... the name of the class eludes me now... but anyway... in the same area of study. It is a psych class, does it have to have a name? What I am going to do is share with you a little of the night. It made for a neat drive home.

The brief is this (the real good stuff from my head will come when I have time and energy to write it) the instructor had us pull a random song of our choice from our head and mentally hum the tune. And he told us to go somewhere (please don't tell me that, lol, because I go!) but we had to go somewhere and then... HE wanted to know the song and where we went and why we went.

"It's better to Burn out then to fade away" (line from the song of the day) was where I went. I realized the first time I had heard the song I was like (all beavus an butt head) burn out... heurh heurh... and later in life I was suffering from Job Burnout and that sucked... and then... now (skipping a lot) I am watching others burn out and I AM NOT going there. But the reality is "fade away" was never an option. I understand what it means. But I am not going to get lost in other people's reality.

Oh well. That is the readers digest version. I will toss the entire analogy up when I feel like it. Which, as my readers know... I may never get to it! LOL.

6 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

There's no explaining the songs that get stuck in my head. Neil Young would be a giant improvement most of the time. :-)

9/15/09, 9:55 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

oh my, what kinds of songs are the competition?

9/16/09, 5:09 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

The worst is when a song from a commercial gets lodged in there, or maybe a novelty type song (King Tut, Elvira, etc.). Whenever that happens, I make myself feel better by spreading it to someone else. Heh heh heh.

9/17/09, 5:15 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

that was mean (ummbumpa wah wah, Elvira) lol. Grrr.

At least you don't get cartoon songs popping into your head!

Today my "stuck song" is Rhinestone Cowboy. LOL. I got to google the band to do my dong of the day.

9/18/09, 10:50 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

*talk about Freudian slips! MEANT SONG of the day!

9/18/09, 10:50 AM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Glen Campbell. Please, God, no...

9/18/09, 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.