Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Not Fair

Quote of the day: "Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore." Ogden Nash US humorist & poet (1902 - 1971)

One more Quote of the day: "What this country needs is more free speech worth listening to." Hansell B. Duckett

Song of the day: "Surfin USA" Beach Boys

I have been duped. I have waited in angst for the perfect moment to snatch a book off of Doc's book shelf. It is called, "Republican like me" by Harmon Leon. Ummm hmm. It was going to be my WMD. Yes indeedy. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why a die hard democrat had a book by a republican. Was he trying to infiltrate the republican line? Was he (Doc that is) thinking about crossing over? I was so intriqued. SO, I did it. Yep. And I read the prelouge ... something I don't do on a regular basis... well OK, I never read the crap before chapter one.

THE BOOK IS ABOUT A DEMOCRAT PRETENDING TO BE A REPUBLICAN. Can you believe that someone would stoop that low?

OK, well, on the other hand, it is very comical and I really like it.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Harmon Leon's website. He's one clever dude, though he may not be to everyone's taste.

Leon claims one of his talents to be an "infiltrator", which is what he does in Republican Like Me. He goes behind the scenes of white supremacists, the Schwarzenegger campaign, the Guardian Angels, and other traditionally conservative groups. Leon's main insight is that most on the far right are dumber than dirt. If the complaint is that such people are not representative of the Republican Party, you might be hard-pressed to prove that. It's really not necessary to go undercover these days; people like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and others provide plenty of ammunition for the Democratic side.

Infiltration of the opposing party has gone on for a long time in Tennessee. We have open primaries here, so that on primary day it's perfectly legal for a Democrat to cast a Republican ballot, and vice versa.

7/1/09, 7:29 AM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

I do have a few books by genuine conservatives, hunny; you just have to go find them.

7/1/09, 7:31 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hmm. Let me finish leon's book and then I reckon I will have to hunt (unless of course you want to just hand me one (books).

7/1/09, 8:39 AM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Actually, I'm hoping you find the Noam Chomsky stuff first...

7/1/09, 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.